Friday, July 18, 2008

four "f" words

The party was food, family, friends and fun!
It was a big hit!

The cake
I forgot candles so I put a sparkler instead.

The presents so thoughtfully chosen for me.
I can't believe how much I really am admired and adored.


The best present of all was spending the day with this guy.
This is the first birthday he's spent with me in 6 years!
He's admiring my little memory wall for guests to take a peek
at Little Laura through the years.
You can see it here.



My breakfast


I cannot express how much fun it was, the laughter, the friends, just the overwhelming feeling that I created this with just a thought in my head. What's even more amazing: Many of these neighbours have lived here ten years and more and this was the first actual gathering of all of them! It took me to get everyone together. This makes me more happy than anything else!
I have a way of gathering the masses!
I will come back to this post whenever I'm feeling blue and remember how special this day was.
Who knows if there will every be another like.
The girls did come but their sire did not. He was the uninvited. It's not the girls fault. They were little darlings.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty cake!!! Belated happy birthday...

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had a great day! I'm coming over for breakfast tomorrow.

suze said...

Your cake looked gorgeous (and delicious! I love birthday cake for breakfast. YUMMY!)

I'm so glad it was a good day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was a good day. :) And yum, cake for breakfast.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful party and got everyone together!

Junior said...

Laura, so glad you had such a wonderful day. The cake is beautiful. Happy Birthday

Not Lucy said...

Looks like you had a great party - would have loved to have helped you celebrate or at least had breakfast with you! The cake looks delish! Glad you had a good birthday and hope to hear about many more!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Cake for breakfast!! How 'bout this deal? You can come and share the room with the little one but you have to bring the cake with you! :)

How cool that you were able to bring the neighbors all together! You have the knack for it... I foresee more parties in your future!

Anonymous said...

Laura I will make you an egg when I get back into it, but first you must decide what you want from the egg,is it prayers,health ,wisdom, happiness, think along those lines and one day I will ask for your address and send it to you.It wont be soon but I will send it to you
Diane

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thanks for all the pictures. I'm sorry I've been so busy. I promise to catch up with you this week!! 3 days off....I need them!! I'll be back on Wednesday!! Hugs and love, T

Major Bedhead said...

A belated happy birthday, Laura!! It sounds like it was a fantastic day. And cake for breakfast. Sweeeeeeet.

Anonymous said...

Once I saw that birthday cake for breakfast, I lost all track of everything else you said! I LOVE cake for breakfast!!

Kari said...

I'm sorry I missed your Birthday hun. I am so happy you had such a wonderful one. You deserve it! Your cake was beautiful! Pink is my color too :)

Blog Archive

Contributors