
today I made boxer shorts
I managed to get out to the post office today and mailed off 5 packages, some long overdue.
I rode there by bicycle with my trusty backpack all filled up.
Then thought I'd be real clever and go get some groceries up the road at the store.
Filled up my back pack again for the return trip home. Oh my holy hell! I thought I was going to die after 3 pedals.
I over stuffed my bag and bought too much. Thankfully I had an extra mess bag that I took some stuff out and redistributed
the weight in the bag. That was better but not by much. I made it home and I'm still alive.
Thursday after supper I'm going fabric shopping!!!
Oh here's a funny story:
Last week Madame Budget came over and we went over my finances, figured out how I can fix things on the inside emotionally to reflect how I spend. Yes I have many areas of faults...I'm an emotional spender as well as an impulse buyer. That's a story for another day. As she was wrapping up her visit Aaron came to the kitchen to see me. I asked him to find his hat and sneakers we were going shopping.
He says, and I swear, "We goin' shoppin' yayyyyyyy!!!!"
I couldn't help but laugh and was taken aback, I'd never heard him say this before.
Madame Budget Says "You've got the boy trained."
You had to have been there. He's such a cute little guy and he speaks so softly. Sometime I'll film him talking just so you can hear his little voice. He's such a gentle soul that one. Can you tell I'm missing him??!!



8 comments:
You sound relaxed Laura!!
Diane
i can hear you relaxing...ahhhhhhhhh.
Sounds like a lovely vacation so far. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I'm so proud of you for selling your work!! Good for you!! Yes, I can tell that you're missing him.
Check out my shoe post. I want to hear about yours if you have time this vacation!! Hugs and love, T
congrats on selling something! it's about time you did that, I've only been telling you that you should sell the stuff you make for probably over a year now LOL You should be proud!
"We goin' shoppin' yayyyyyyy!!!!"
He cracks me right the heck up.
Glad you are selling your work and relaxing... hope you are still relaxed after tonight!! Well just "keep it" relaxed, I guess, and the evening should be pretty-laid-back.
That bike ride back home sounds awful - but you are WOMAN!
Bonne chance avec tous les filles, ayoye... call me if you need to locate your sanity!
aw such a sweet little story, yes you can tell. its a good thing! and goodness woman, what were you thinking? its a good thing you made it home. yikes!
Oh, I'd love to hear Aaron talking!
I'm so in awe of your talent with a sewing machine. I can barely sew on a button.
Post a Comment