
Old man winter has arrived.
A snap shot of the white stuff and my new winter boots with little bits of pink on them.
I went boot shopping earlier this month. I hated the boots I'd bought on impulse just because they were clearance.
I keep having to tell myself it's okay to pay full price for somethings. I also have to tell myself that I deserve things that I like.
I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't mind shoveling snow. Not a whole driveway mind you but just a little path to get my boy do the bus is enough shoveling for me. Aaron finally made it to his dad's this weekend and me I trudged myself over to visit my brother's new appartment and spend time with my nieces. I can manage to stay in their company not more than 24 hours before my brother can't tolerate me anymore. I know when it's time to go home and I went with the "If-you-walk-out-that-door-don't-ever-bother-coming-back" speech. I told him he was mean bully on my way out; I told my nephew and nieces that
I loved them and was sorry and I didn't look back.There's nothing to look back at.
One foot in front of the other with my head held high and my heart full of love and respect for me.

3 comments:
Cute boots Laura!
Speaking of snow, I just tried my new "Winter Trax" on my walking shoes today.
It is supposed to prevent falls and injuries. It seems to be working to give me confidence to walk with snow on the sidewalks.
I love shovelling even a large driveway.
Maria
Hi Laura,
I'd love to help you shovelling your snow if only I was a little younger...I'm slowing down a bit
for the shovelling.
I grew up in Quebec and there was plenty of snow there, that's how I got to love doing it.
Maria
Post a Comment