I've always made resolutions and was never one to keep them. For me it's all about the tradition of it. The aspect of having a fresh start to make things better for the coming year. I've been pondering what I'd like to do different this year that will make life more joyful for me and I've come up with this list:
~Spend more time with folks, big and little, who appreciate me! I've made some strong realizations that some people are just not good for me no matter how hard I try to be good for them. They will not change, and in the end it changes who I am and I don't want that! I like me just the way I am and so many others like me as well, only but a few do not. Too bad for them!
~Try, try, try to swear less. I have a bad mouth, it's awful on good days and worse on bad days. That little guy that I live with has heard a colourful word or two come from this mouth and he knows no better and has repeated them.
"Holy Buck" is his version of mama's most used wordage.
~Be good to myself. No explanation needed other than be good to my body, mind and spirit. Nurture my soul. Appreciate who I am, love who I am and adore the me that I am. There's no one else like me!
~Be good to those around me. Share, be kind and love people who matter most. They know who they are.
~Create lots of nice things! Maybe create something to sell. I said maybe, just once. I have something in mind I want work on.
~Making albums with photos. Not scrapbooks but just plain albums. I tried the scrapbooking thing. It was too much work for me. I won't give it up as I'd like to finish at least Aaron's first year and call it a wrap. I'm on his 9th month.
~Take more meaningful photos. I believe I've started a tradition for Aaron this past Christmas with his photo album and I'd like to continue that every year. Now that I see what is interesting to Aaron I'd like to take more photos from his perspective and what interests him throughout the year. I could get him a cheap digital camera and it can be an activity we could do together.
Now I'm excited by this idea!
~Last year my word of the year was "Joy". I tried very hard to live a joyful life, sometimes I succeeded, many times I failed. However I did end the year feeling so full of joy that it is surprising to feel this way. This year I have chosen the word Love. I will live a life full of love. We all know how much I love that little boy, now it's time that I want to glow with love I for myself and for my life.

A couple of pictures because a post is boring without any. Aaron was watching tv in his room and fell asleep. It's rare he does this and it was so cute when I walked by his room to see this scene. I thought it was just too quiet in his room and went to check on him. He slept through the photo taking but woke when I crashed into the little table leg. He put the table out like that to make a sort of easel to hold his favourite puzzle. The one he obsesses over day and night. I wonder if his dreams are in puzzle form.
~Spend more time with folks, big and little, who appreciate me! I've made some strong realizations that some people are just not good for me no matter how hard I try to be good for them. They will not change, and in the end it changes who I am and I don't want that! I like me just the way I am and so many others like me as well, only but a few do not. Too bad for them!
~Try, try, try to swear less. I have a bad mouth, it's awful on good days and worse on bad days. That little guy that I live with has heard a colourful word or two come from this mouth and he knows no better and has repeated them.
"Holy Buck" is his version of mama's most used wordage.
~Be good to myself. No explanation needed other than be good to my body, mind and spirit. Nurture my soul. Appreciate who I am, love who I am and adore the me that I am. There's no one else like me!
~Be good to those around me. Share, be kind and love people who matter most. They know who they are.
~Create lots of nice things! Maybe create something to sell. I said maybe, just once. I have something in mind I want work on.
~Making albums with photos. Not scrapbooks but just plain albums. I tried the scrapbooking thing. It was too much work for me. I won't give it up as I'd like to finish at least Aaron's first year and call it a wrap. I'm on his 9th month.
~Take more meaningful photos. I believe I've started a tradition for Aaron this past Christmas with his photo album and I'd like to continue that every year. Now that I see what is interesting to Aaron I'd like to take more photos from his perspective and what interests him throughout the year. I could get him a cheap digital camera and it can be an activity we could do together.
Now I'm excited by this idea!
~Last year my word of the year was "Joy". I tried very hard to live a joyful life, sometimes I succeeded, many times I failed. However I did end the year feeling so full of joy that it is surprising to feel this way. This year I have chosen the word Love. I will live a life full of love. We all know how much I love that little boy, now it's time that I want to glow with love I for myself and for my life.

A couple of pictures because a post is boring without any. Aaron was watching tv in his room and fell asleep. It's rare he does this and it was so cute when I walked by his room to see this scene. I thought it was just too quiet in his room and went to check on him. He slept through the photo taking but woke when I crashed into the little table leg. He put the table out like that to make a sort of easel to hold his favourite puzzle. The one he obsesses over day and night. I wonder if his dreams are in puzzle form.


6 comments:
I love a fresh start too. Happy New Year to both of you!
Good resolutions Laura!
I love the photos today he looks so cute sleeping there so peaceful but what really caught my eye was that gorgeous quilt you made for him, what a winner it is!! I love the colors you picked for him.
Diane
how sweet, great pics of Aaron.
Those are some good resolutions! I am still thinking about mine :)
I think the photo album for Aaron was such a great idea..you and him working on one together would be great! Sometimes I have a potty mouth too....that would be one resolution I should work on too.
i guess they wouldn't really be resolutions if they were easy to keep. i do love the idea of a fresh start too....a hopeful way to start the year.
Post a Comment