So the idea is to post about my favorite quilt. In all actuality my favorite quilt hasn't been made yet or maybe it's that all of them are my favorites.
I was going to chose this one and had the photo all uploaded here but thought this one had to be my favorite. But no it dawned on me one of my all time favorites I made is this one here:
I made this quilt 2 years ago when I rediscovered my love of quilting after many years hiatus. I used fabrics I had and a few I had aquired in swaps. At the time I was finding most of my fabrics at wlamart and they were very limited on variety as well as the prices were a bit outrageous for fabric. So the quilt came to be inspired by something I saw here . I couldn't draw the flowers so left them out. I made this quilt for my first bloggy friend's little girl. She was going through a lot and I wanted to send her something that would ease her worries and know she was loved.
I have loved this quilt so much that I have been telling myself I'm going to make another like it. The squares are cut.
The backing and binding are bought.
I have no idea what I'm waiting for!
Oh right... I started working on this....
so many ideas so many projects and so little time!
7 comments:
I love that baby quilt. The tress are so cute!
I love it too. :) We still use it all the time. i'm so glad it's as special for you as it is for us.
Love the pink quilt with the little trees. Very cute.
love the colors on this quilt.
The babyquilt is very sweet. Love the trees. You should go and finish the other one for yourself! It will cheer you up!
What a wonderful quilt and thoughtful gift for a tough time. Quilts are the way to comfort.
I've seen that quilt! At Andrea's house! :)
Post a Comment