With June 1st fast approaching I have had a larger than usual fabric budget this past month. Come June 1st everyone needs a passport to enter the United States. Since I live on a border town and I do 90% of my fabric shopping in Maine I NEED a passport eventually. I'm a procrastinator. So while I procrastinate on getting my passport I've been going a little more often to pick up fabric. I have one more trip planned this week.
Sometimes I see fabrics and golly gee they make me squeal because they are just too cute!
This one here...see that lady on the right.. she has a baby in a pouch. Too cute!
This is only a fat quarter and I have no idea what I'll do with this.
A future future quilt project.
Sometimes I see fabrics and golly gee they make me squeal because they are just too cute!
This one here...see that lady on the right.. she has a baby in a pouch. Too cute!
This is only a fat quarter and I have no idea what I'll do with this.
A future future quilt project.
I make a mental list of the fabrics I like. I then go up and down the aisles and throw the bolts into the shopping cart. A half yard of each I tell the fabric cutting lady. I keep the poor dear busy for half an hour.
See that blue with circles? Since it's only half a yard and I like it very much I'm getting some more to make a pillowcase for my dear Aaron.
I had run out of the red on the left so I got a yard. I can never have too much pink. And that last piece on the right is 60 inch wide quilting fabric for the backing of my picnic quilt to be.
Also this week I recieved a wonderful online order as well.
This was a fun little fat quarter bundle of polka dots.
Some just "just becauses". Although shopping online can be a little wary. Sometimes the fabrics look great on the screen. I forget that I keep my screen very dim to prevent migraines, which probably distorts the colour of the actual piece. Like that green piece on the right. It has gold in it. I didn't see it on the screen when I ordered it.
Like people do in the fall when they start gathering their harvests I'm gathering a fabric harvest for the summer. I will have a vast variety of fabrics and prints to choose from when starting projects for various things like swaps and such. During the summer months I can't just run over to Maine to pick something up or to browse since Aaron is home full time. I'm just preparing myself for a lovely summer of stitching.
True I could just order everything online but it does get pricey and I'm a frugal shopper.

4 comments:
Stupid immigration laws! Shopping online deprives you of the journey and feeling the fabric.
I love how you picked out the colors of the striped fabric and chose the oranges, yellows, and blue for the future project. My favorite is the pink candy-stripe; I'm really into that right now and it reminds me of Xmas.
That blue with dots for the pillowcase is really cute. I hope your passport comes soon- you can't let international borders come between you and your fabric!
Some great fabrics Laura! Can't wait to see what you do with them!
What a great way to spend the summer too!!!
Lots of loVe for the polka's!!!
Post a Comment