Monday, July 13, 2009

a new toy


So it's my birthday in 4 days but really who's counting?
I know I justified those book purchases and fabric purchases as early presents but really it's part of a hobby and learning so I deemed them not early presents and I debated for a couple weeks what am I would really like for my birthday? I had a conversation with my techie neighbour last week and I talked it over with him what would be the best thing. I had 3 ideas:
A lime green Nintendo DS (isn't it so pretty?)
EA Sports Active for the Wii (I really could use the exercise!)
PSP (Play Station Portable)
As you can see from the picture above I chose the PSP because we already have 2 Nintendo DS's here at the house, Aaron's new one he got for Christmas and my old one. It really wasn't economical to bring the same system home. I mostly play at night when Aaron's in bed and if I need a NDS fix I can always borrow Aaron's. I was headed to Walmart on Friday with the EA Sports Active in mind for purchasing but then I saw the PSP. The shiny brand new PSP. I fell in love and after a few minutes of talking to my friend and myself, yes I do that from time to time, I grabbed it and went to the checkout. I took it home and thanked my neighbour for his sound advice. He's going to help me figure it out if I need help. I was all proud of myself yesterday when I figured out how to upgrade the system and download a free game voucher I had from Sony.
I was carrying this around in my purse most of Saturday, if my nieces or nephew weren't playing with it, and it bothered me to have it loose like that in my purse. Unlike the NDS which folds and seems hardier than this delicate system I figured I better get right to it and sew a protective pouch. That's what I did today.
Pink of course. Why pay 20 bucks when I could make one?



I decided I'll get the EA Sports Active when Aaron starts school in September.
He gets new school supplies and mama gets to workout.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beth said...

Well Happy Birthday. It was very nice of you to buy yourself a gift. You should give you a big hug.
I live with a bunch of game people. I can't say I would enjoy one but I do think it looks fun.
I hope you have a great Birthday.
love you girl!

Brioni Greenberg said...

Happy birthday Laura!!!! *singing very loudly*

Blog Archive

Contributors