Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello, long time no hear!

I'm going to do bullet points because I have a lot to say, or maybe not, and everything is fragmented in my brain:

  • my computer was reformmated on August 20
  • Friday I got the mother of all viruses and now I can't do a whole lot with my computer except access the internet through control alt delete
  • you wanna know how this virus got into my computer?
  • through my mp3 player!! no shit!
  • I was transferring files from one mp3 player to another mp3 player
  • I had to copy everything and put it onto the computer in a folder
  • I do have antivirus software- it alerted me of something 3 times but I ignored it thinking that it was confused that mp3's were viruses
  • ever since then my computer started acting really weird , first it was popping up a tonne of web pages to ads
  • Then all of a sudden yesterday poof: I have no desktop icons, no tool bars, no startup menu, nothing
  • when I turn the computer on I get a background and that's it
  • I'm not sure what I'm going to do
  • I hate to bother my techie, geeky computer guru neighbour

In other news:

  • We went to the big city and it went very well for the most part
  • Aaron has a spiffy chair that he fits in
  • I'd love to show photos but I can't because I can't access anything on my computer
  • He also got new foot braces
  • Slowly I've been getting his things all ready for school
  • Last winter/spring I was buying up clothes that were on clearance for Aaron for the Fall back to school time
  • While preparing his clothes for the school year I realized that I made a big error in judgement
  • The clothes are too big
  • He's at that in between stage, too big for Medium to small for Large
  • Some stores make Large look like extra large in other stores
  • I wasn't going to make the same mistake I did last year: I bought many medium shirts only for them to shrink and him grow out of them within 2 months!
  • Dressing children with disabilities is harder than one things
  • Aaron is incontinent and therefor must wear the small adult briefs which puts a lot of neccessary junk in his trunk
  • I then have to buy several sizes larger to accomodate that, then I'm left with pants that are way too long
  • Yes I sew. Yes I could shorten them. But then they wouldn't be usuable for the next person.

And still other news

  • We're doing fine
  • We're gearing up for another school year
  • I'm sewing but not as much as I could or should be
  • hopefully that will change one the boy goes back to school
  • His school district has now they're own busses in our area
  • which means he must be ready for 7.30 am!
  • and he wont be home until 4 pm! ACK!
  • That's a long day for a little boy and I'm a little nervous as to how he will handle it
  • Then again he thrives on structure and routine

I want to wish you all a wonderful week.

Happy September!!

4 comments:

Tine said...

I'm sorry about your computer, that's awful!
The schoolbus could be a good thing, couldn't it? Once Aaron knows the routine, it'll be ok, I am sure.

carol said...

He just might feel like a big kid going on the bus and being gone that long. Like you said, he thrives on routine and once it becomes routine, he'll be okay.

Good luck with your computer. Call your neighbor pronto!!

Sarah said...

I hope you can get your computer back up soon. We can't go too long without some cute pics of you and Aaron.

Gwen just got cast for a new more comfy chair too! But they said it would take 2 months for it to come in :(.

Michelle said...

sorry about your computer! I hope your neighbor can fix it for you!

That does sound like a long day for Aaron; Kayla doesn't get home till 4, but her bus doesn't pick her up in the morning until 9! I hope Aaron adjusts ok!

Blog Archive

Contributors