Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween costume 2009

I was hesitant and a little apprehensive today concerning the whole costume thing and Aaron's reaction to it. I tried on both pieces on different days and he wasn't none too keen about the idea. Last night I did a trial run on how to do the head wrappings and his reaction was, Bye bye hat take it off?? I went to bed and just figured whatever the day brings it will bring. I did my best.
The day came and I woke up a good 10 minutes early to ensure a little extra time to do things. Thankfully my little guy was bright eyed and chipper this morning. I wrestled to put the costume on the shirt and pants then it took me a full 10 minutes to get the socks over his sneakers. I then brought him to the bathroom to do makeup. He's never had makeup, I don't think? I tried to put it on but he kept squinting his eyes. He didn't fret nor frown much to the benefit of my stress level. I was working up a sweat just waiting for him to balk. Makeup was done we then went to the living room so he could watch his show while I tentatively wrapped his head and what do you know! He allowed me to do it and smiled too! Upon completion of the headwrapping I asked him to come to the kitchen for better lighting to take some photos. As he came to the kitchen I was seeing him for the first time and I couldn't help but giggle with glee. He looked AWESOME! I did a damn good job! Without further adieu may I present to you


The Mummy Boy:

Who's your mummy?


Mummy make-up:

I patted his face with cornstarch and used dark grey eye shadow around the eyes and put vaseline on the lips and covered that with the grey shadow

(the rosey cheeks are his own-probably from wrestling to put on the costume-the red line on his other cheek is from his c-pap mask)

Mummy makeup


Mummy feet:

were the mummy's mommy's knee-high socks over his sneakers. That alone took 10 minutes!

mummy feet
And just one more of the Mummy Boy...


11 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks great! Very good idea for a costum for him.

Kris said...

he looks fantastic, LauraJ! My favorite part is the socks over the sneakers... it really makes it!! I'm glad he was so happy about it all in the end! :)

Valerie said...

That looks AWESOME!!! And what an ingenius idea to have the socks over the sneakers. You should be proud!

carol said...

I agree, the socks over the sneakers really finishes it off just perfectly! Now I bet you can hardly wait to see what he'll look like when he comes home, huh? Great job, Laura!

Melzie said...

You did an AWESOME job and so did he :)
I also LOVE the school picture you posted this week. You my dear, have a handsome young man on your hands these days :D

xoxo melzie

wordmama said...

You're an awesome mom! Your son looks great! Have a happy Halloween!

smileymamaT said...

Heh heh, that is awesome. The kids told me they saw him at school and loved it. :) I think it's one of your finest!!! :) Mummies with good mommies are happy mummies. Don'tcha think?

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Awesome Fantastic !!!
Wow that certainly came out looking fantstic on him !!!
Laura you outdid yourself!!!
Jeepers Creepers !!!
Happy Halloween!!!
Diane

Sue said...

What a great costume! Have a wonderful Halloween Aaron and Laura!

Jamie K said...

What a creative costume!!! I bet he was excited to show off his spooky costume! Happy Halloween!

Michelle said...

I think you did an awesome job on his costume!

Blog Archive

Contributors