Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 15 and another finish

Here's another finished quilt to add to my collection:
side view

side view

back view
backing

Front view
Black red and white stars quilt

My original plan for this quilt was a lap size for a swap with another blogger. I decided I not to go through with the swap and made more stars to make a twin/double size quilt. I didn't like this quilt, as they weren't colours I would have chosen for myself and it sat in my sewing room for months. I was in a non-fabric buying rut for months and it dawned on me what was keeping me from acquiring more fabric. I had too many unfinished works in my room. I finished this quilt this week and once it was on the line I decided I like it very much. Funny how life is like that.

My favorite view: all nicely folded up.
quilt folded up

I plan to make another stars quilt in bright happy colours using the molas in the top of this photo as the centers. Another quilt to add to my mental list. Oooh yayy more fabric to buy.

6 comments:

Junior said...

love, love, love it Laura, great colors and I really like the stars

~ Teresa ~ said...

Laura,
This is one of my favorite quilts that you have shown us. It is just stunning! I hope this week proves to be a better one for you and Aaron.
~ Teresa ~

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Wow! It really did turn out beautifully.

:)

Valerie said...

Dang, girl! Someone's been a heckuva lot busier than I have, that's for sure! I love this one!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Its a great looking quilt!
You always do a good Job !
Diane

Helen said...

I love red, black and white quilts and this one is a beauty!!!

Blog Archive

Contributors