Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 9 and I'm feeling fine!

I'm on a mission to finish as many things as I can before the New Year.
We can mark this quilt off my list!
I've aptly named it Sunshine from Carol, because if it wasn't for Carole this quilting wouldn't have been made. First she blessed me with many half yards of fabric to contributed to my Pink Orange Yellow quilt to be that I had going on last spring. Then she blessed me again with a beautiful piece of batting large enough to cover my twin size bed!

In all honestly this quilt isn't what I imagined it would be. You see I just wanted a pink, orange and yellow quilt. But when I recieved beautiful fabrics from Carol not once but twice I felt I HAD to use them to make something special. Armed with my favourite book ever as inspiration and lots of cutting of strips and making of squares I knew in the end I'd have a winner. I added some green for interest since there was green in the fabrics that Carol sent. I also added some burgundy for interest as well to bring out a contrast in some of my blocks. Let me say that I'm so pleased I did use the burgundy, it's one of my favorite bits of the quilt.

And here we have it all folded up on the sidewalk. Let me tell you that it is warm and such a wonderful feeling to have something so pretty on my bed. The title of my favourite book is Collaborative Quilting (or something like that) and I think this was a very fun collaborative quilt between Carol and I. She supplied the fabric and motivation and I supplied the talent.
A real winner this quilt!
I can't wait to work on the next one to finish!!




6 comments:

kia (good enough mama) said...

It's gorgeous! So sunny and bright. I think it's perfect that you've finished it now, as winter looms ahead, because it'll constantly brighten your wintery days ahead!

Well done!

PiecefulChaos said...

I love your quilt but what's more important - YOU love it! I agree the green and burgundy add a lot of interest.

carol said...

I think it's gorgeous and I'm so honored that you named it after me. I'm totally undeserving. We're friends, Laura, and that's what friends do!! May you have many wonderful dreams as you sleep under it every night!!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Its gorgeous!!!!!!!
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Diane

Unknown said...

Super cheerful!

Hope said...

It is an absolutely beautiful quilt!

Blog Archive

Contributors