Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fancy meeting you here

Not finished but in use

So not much is new around these parts. Life just goes on and that's the way it is. I'm not as productive as I should be lately. Not sure if it's winter related or the fact that I still have that dang cold!

I am managing to get some things done like working on this year's flickr quilting bee aptly named Row10 :
January was Krommama's month and her choice of colours were Christmasy. Each of us 9 other members chose a type of row to sew I chose to make trees. I have to admit that I was very wary of making trees. It took me 2 weeks before I could muster up half a brain cell to attempt a tree. Then it all just clicked for me by the next day and I managed to sew up a row 7inches by 60 inches:
Row 10 for Krommama

Several days before Christmas the mailman delivered me a present. I thought could this be the book I've been anticipating from a fellow blogger who had hinted Santa was sending me one? But no! It was a surpise gift book from another of Santa's elves (who knows who she is!!) Imagine my delight to have both books that I so adored in blogland and now own. Daily I have devoured both books upon their arrival. Then inspiration struck me on how to complete that House Quilt I've been working on, on and off for a year or so.

A plan for my houses

I made my last house last week and now I will be making some scrappy trees to go in my little village.

The last house

This week I hope to be more productive in the sewing room!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Here's wishing your cold be gone! Sorry you've been under the weather. But I love your trees! And what a cool concept for a quilting bee -- doing rows instead of blocks. Our quilting bee is starting up round #2 and I am supposed to be mailing my fabric off this week. Guess I should figure out what in the heck I want everyone else to make, huh? That's the hardest part -- I have no idea! :)

Unknown said...

Oh good, I'm so relieved that you didn't have it already. :)

I picked it up because all the pictures looked like the kinds of quilts you like to make. :) I'm glad you like it and I hope it sparks many happy projects for you!

Blog Archive

Contributors