Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010

The end of one year and the start of another is really kicking my ass. Bullet post if you please:

  • I was sick with a cold and went in to get checked last day of school. I was given 10 days of antibiotics for bronchitis.
  • My nieces came over for Christmas Eve so I could help them with their present. One of them brought me a present.
  • Aaron went on "vacation" with his dad for 6 days.
  • I stayed home and tried to stop coughing.
  • My niece's present she gave me presented itself on day 4 of Aaron's vacation. A head cold.
  • My head ached and my nose stuffed itself at night.
  • Aaron came home New Year's Eve.
  • My nephew came to spend the night.
  • My head was in a fog and my ear hurt.
  • Aaron went to bed early and my nephew and I brought in 2010 with Wii, candy, and root beer. And a living room picnic. (Oh how this child loves sitting on my quilts and having picnics. He also informed me he'd like one in his size. Sad thing is he has one I made him one Christmas when he was 3. His father never gave it to him to use because he said it was a souvenier. )
  • New Year's Day Aaron and I went to have dinner with family. I felt my ear pop during dinner. OW!
  • Next day I wasn't feeling well at all. I called up Aaron's father to help me bring Aaron to get us both checked out. I had barely any strength to carry myself, I saw no way how I would manage alone taking Aaron with a taxi.
  • Aaron had been coughing for a week.
  • We got checked. Aaron: Bladder infection with a cold. Antibiotics for bladder, cold should pass. Me: Sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis. Antibiotics for the first two. Up the inhalers for the last one.

We're on day 2 of our antibiotics. Feeling better than Saturday but nowhere near normal. This is not how I thought I'd be starting the new year. I haven't even strung two braincells together to make resolutions, plans for the year etc. So as soon as my braincells start sticking together forming coherent thoughts I will be back with regular posts.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Stay well!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oy. Keep to thy bed/couch sweetie, well when Aaron doesn't need you.

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I hope you both feel better soon!
Take care!
Diane

Kris said...

Sending healthy vibes your way! Hope you both feel better soon!

Erin said...

My goodness, what a way to start the new year. On the plus side, once this Overwhelming Ickiness passes, everything should go up from there. Hope you feel better soon!

Not Lucy said...

Your New Year's resolution is to get well!!!

Valerie said...

Oh Laura, that is just plain nuts! Rotten, rotten, rotten. I'm so sorry! If I lived closer I'd come take care of you and bring you lots of chicken soup and new fabric to make you feel better. :)

carol said...

You take care of yourself, honey and get better soon!

Blog Archive

Contributors