Monday, February 1, 2010

It's February already??

I've struggled with Monday to Friday since the Fall of 2008. Aaron goes to school during the day between 8 am and 3.30pm. That's a lot of time to fill while he's away. Two times a week I'm able to fill that time with errands and household chores with a home support worker who comes in to help me keep my home in order. I'm using a lot of energy to care for Aaron and all his needs that sometimes my house gets neglected. (Don't look at the floors!)

I'm left to my own devices on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the school year. I've had a problem trying to figure out what I should be doing while the boy is away learning. It hit all of a sudden last week that I need to:


Note to self

You see, there is a rhythm in this house when both Aaron and I are here. I tend to his needs and wants and all is well. The problem lies therein that I do not have a rhythm for myself. I haven't given myself permission to enjoy the time alone. I haven't found what I really wanted to do with myself. I don't know what to do with myself! I feel lost without my boy. I haven't learned how to seperate his rhythm from my own.

I wrote that up there to remind myself that I need to find a rhythm to my days for me. It's okay to do whatever it is that I want to do. Play Wii? Sure! Sew? I do that. Clean? Sometimes. Take time to read? I don't do that enough.

My year did get off to a rough start with that cold and all and thankfully it's on it's way out, slowly but surely. I don't have any more excuses now to hold back the start of my year. I'm a month late but better late than never. What better month to find a rhythm than in the month of Love?

Step one to finding your rhythm: Learn to love yourself as much as you love those around you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been somewhat productive this month and here's proof
proof of productivity
Happy February and here's to a very productive month!!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Good luck getting your rhythm going. I got out of mine in June and have been having a heck of a time trying to get back into it.

Valerie said...

And here's to finding your rhythm! And about that cleaning thing, yipes -- that's my thing I need to find this month. My house is messssssssssssssy.....

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Sounds like a good plan Laura!!
Have a great week.
Diane

byneedleandthread said...

I am going to find my rhythm too this month. Need to fit everything in without feeling overwhelmed.

Carole Burant said...

I so love Johnny Cash and that's one of my favourite songs:-) It is indeed very hard to get into our own rhythm but I promise, you will eventually find it! xoxo

Blog Archive

Contributors