Friday, April 23, 2010

17::52 Fridays

A friend comments to me quite often about my productivity and the amount of projects I complete or start in any given week. My flickr photo stream is a testament to that. I "met" this friend through flickr a couple years ago when I was just getting back full swing into the quilting thing. At the time I was battling those secret little demons that live in my head.
In the last year I have really exploded with my will to actually get up and do stuff. I have all this time during the day and little demons be damned I'll get something done!
I've been so busy with my productivity lately that it was only upon seeing the date Monday the 19th that I had forgotten an anniversary of sorts. Oh happy day that I can pass a date on the calender that forever changed our lives without mourning the loss of something. It's now been 7 years we've been living with Aaron's paralysis. We've adapted ourselves to the challenges it has brought us. Now we celebrate the good days. And to me everyday is a good day that I can get another project completed.
Hopefully gone are my days of wallowing in self pity and oh woe is me. I have something to occupy my time. My mind is filled with beautiful patterns of fabric and designs of quilts instead of dark and dreary sad thoughts. Oh happy day!

17::52 Fridays
I snapped this photo while working on yet another quilt for someone who is very dear to me.

5 comments:

carol said...

You sound marvelous and happy! And my heart sings because of it! You go, girl!

Valerie said...

Yep. I, too, am crazy jealous of your productivity! You go, girl, indeed! :)

dmarie@thistlehillfabrics said...

It's true, Laura. And you impress me girl, with your talent and your outlook!

zeebah said...

What a fantastic picture! So glad you're feeling productive and positive... maybe some of it will rub off! xo

Anonymous said...

Concerning your quilts Laura...
YOU GO GIRL!!! I also love to have quilts to work on, to think about, to aim toward in goals, and I just plain like the mess quilting makes because it seems homey to me!

Blog Archive

Contributors