I thought aha! I know what to do and I set out to finish this up with backing and quilting and bound it this morning. I gave it to a friend whose daughter just adopted a kitten for her birthday.
A shot of the backing. I used this fabric figuring that all cats are descended from royalty, no?
Here is a picture to show the detail of the new quilting I tried. I like it and will use it on other projects. It's supposted to be flowers with loops every now and then to fill in spaces. I was tuning up my machine and figured out why the bottom was so crappy: tension!
Today I watched this series of very informative videos on how to maintain your sewing machine at home. I plan to do this sometime this weekend.
4 comments:
They look great!
Laura,
Make sure you make time to take care of yourself!!!
(Those are lovely, btw!!)
I LOVE these; they are bright and beautiful!
Get well soon. :)
sooo pretty!!!!!!!
and take care! but i know what you mean about ignoring sickness!
Post a Comment