Saturday, June 12, 2010

Supper on the porch

Supper on the porch
After "musictime" yesterday Aaron wanted to sit in the rocking chair on the porch. Since he can't be out there by himself I thought I'd have supper there too. No sooner had I set him to sit in the rocking chair and placed my food and started eating he wanted to get down and go back into the house. Figures! I made him wait until I was done eating. A little extra fresh air never hurt anyone. I had a bright idea for the summer that he could take musictime outside, there's a plug right by the rocking chair.
going in
I'm a big believer in letting Aaron try to do things himself. It helps to build independence skills and autonomy. Knowing full well that he won't be able to live on his own in the future what he learns to do now is better for both of us in the long run. I even make him clean up his messes from time to time. I won't be a full duty "maid" to him when he's 20!!

1 comment:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Your doing it right Laura !
Have a great weekend
Diane

Blog Archive

Contributors