Last Wednesday on our way back from dropping off Aaron at his "vacation destination" I asked Summer Helper if she'd stop at a little quilt shop for me. I've always wanted to take a peek here but never had the time. We stopped and she fell in love with a charm pack. I purchased the charm pack and went to work right away. Last week's wordless Wednesday's post was the beginnings of another bag:
I found time throughout the weekend to work on it and finished Sunday morning.
Inside of the bag:
A closeup of the detail on the bag. I patchworked some leftover squares, added some quilting and cut it out from a paper template of Aaron's handprint.
High from this bag making fun I asked my goddaughter if she wanted to make one too and she happily agreed. In the time she was here and caring for 2 kids and a house we managed to make a bag together.
She chose 32 squares from a pile of charm squares that a lovely lady sent me for my birthday. I helped her to arrange the squares in a front and back for the bag and guided her to sew them all together to make a patchwork piece that I then sandwhiched, quilted and turned into a bag with fabrics she chose for the lining, bag top binding and handles. She is thrilled with her bag and I am thrilled to teach her a love of sewing and patchwork!
6 comments:
Yeah...you now have a sewing partner. I knew that would happen given time. I'm so happy for both of you!
Awesome bags! And I love the detail of Aaron's hand. So thoughtful.
Beautiful bags!! I'm envious :)
Whoa--now that's productivity. TWO great looking bags!
These are great! Makes me want to take the dust off my sewing machine and make one or two!!
pssst - don't you want to have a giveaway soon? LOL
Beautiful bags!
Post a Comment