Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quilting sneak peek


Quilting lines, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

I chose an interesting design with the quilting on this quilt. I thought it'd be quick. I was wrong. Very wrong. It's slow going. Last week I had to take out a bunch of stitches because I pinned the quilt poorly. Thankfully now that I've pinned it carefully it's going much better and there is less bunching. This type of quilting is called "organic", of which I have to mention I dislike that word! It's way overused everywhere you go! I always thought FOOD was organic. Anyway I digress...I'm about 1/2 way done. I hope to get a lot done tomorrow in between caring for the boy, considering there's no school here. It's Canadian Thanksgiving.
So I'll take the time to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to Canadians and Americans alike. I'm thankful for you!

7 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Wow its beautiful Laura !
Diane

Jan said...

Just came across your blog. Great quilt I love working with those colours too.

Sarah said...

Beautiful quilting! It looks like flowing water. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Tif / Halu-Halo said...

i hope you are having a great Thanksgiving weekend! The quilt looks lovely...I too find that quilting in lines (whether straight or wavy) takes so much time! I love the effect though! Can't wait to see this done!

henny said...

hi! Love your 'organic lines' quilting! Most of my quilts have those lines, too. I just love how simple it is and the 'free feeling' to move my needle :)

carol said...

And I'm thankful for you!!! I hope your day was lovely! Keep quilting that baby. It's looking gorgeous!

:o) mg said...

I agree with the others in that WE are thankful for YOU.
I adore the lines... whether they are wrapped in politically correct terminology or not.

Blog Archive

Contributors