Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas quilt in the snow


Christmas quilt in the snow, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

I ran outside yesterday to take one last photo of this quilt in it's natural surroundings. You know Christmas quilts should be shown with snow and not in August on lush green grass when this was finished.
Up until I took the photo it was on my couch for all of 2 days until I decided that a friend needed some cheering up and some warm holiday wishes. She's been under the weather and I figured this was the best way to heal her, if only a little.
I spoke to her this evening and she informed me that she blessed her new quilt with a nap this afternoon and it was the best nap she's had in a long time. There's just nothing like sleeping under a quilt made by hand.
I am so happy I can share these talents with other people and warm the hearts of those who warm my own heart with their kind words and gentle smiles.

2 comments:

Tine said...

That is such a generous gift to give Laura! Your quilt is gorgeous, and I am sure your friend will treasure it forever!

Carole Burant said...

Bless your giving heart, Laura, how wonderful of you to give that quilt to your friend just because she needed some cheering up! If only there were more people like you in the world!!! xoxo

Blog Archive

Contributors