Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An update of sorts


Oh this face, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

The journey we embarked upon involving hip surgery and 6 w 4 d of casting went by in a blur! Here we are almost 4 weeks post cast removal. Aaron breezed through his bed rest at home like we were having a party. He was his own personal DJ with his Nano never far from his wrist. He's healed up nicely, he now sports 4 shiney new 6 inch scars on his body (one on each thigh, one on each side of his tummy). The scars dont bother me much, or him for that matter, thet are a testament of his journey. He is slow to return to his presurgery strength and although I knew this going in and have accepted his legs work differently now, I am wistful and hope for his strength to return to he can be the Aaron I knew in terms of mobility. I've heard tell that it can take up to 6 months to a year for him to show improvements. I hope it's not a long year. But if he smiles like this everyday it's all worth it.
I love this boy of mine. He made me a mother.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Yay! You're back! So glad things are going well. Much love to you and your sweet boy. :)

Aliceart said...

He looks great! Hope you are doing well also. I know it was a long road, but sounds like you did great!

carol said...

Boy that time went fast. So glad that things are going so well. I'm sure that with your help, Aaron will regain his strength in no time!

:o) mg said...

GREAT PIC! Don't think any of your pics have ever had him with a grin that big!
Congrats on getting to this side of that trial!

Melzie said...

He looks SO SO grown up in this picture LJ! Glad it's going well, slow but sure and before you know it it WILL be a year and a memory from the past. <3 you! melzie

Valérie PREVOST said...

Bonjour Laura,
Je m'appelle Valérie. Je vis dans le nord de la France.
Je suis moi aussi fan de Patchwork.
Je souhaite un bon rétablissement à Aaron.
Bon courage à tous les deux!
Je vous embrasse bien fort tous les deux.
Valérie.

Blog Archive

Contributors