Last night while laying in bed I realized that today would be the start of a new month. (Reminder to self, change months on calender)
With a new month and a new season (ha!) dawning on us I told myself it'd be a good time to change the routine a little.
This morning I woke up 20 minutes later because really I didn't need to be getting up at 7 am when Aaron's bus on shows up at 8.40-8.45 and it only takes 20 minutes to get him ready. All that other time before the bus came I was wasting on the computer.
So this morning after he was ready for the bus I took the time to tidy around the house. Then put Aaron on the bus then came in and opened the computer and only after I'd taken a shower did I get on to read emails, read blogs, pay bills and then had a lovely visit with a friend. As with change it will take time for me to get used to a differnt routine. I want to feel more productive during my day. If I eventually want to open an etsy shop (as someone asked me WHEN would I??) I think I need to learn to work with the computer/internet and not see it as entertainment all. day. long. I'm working on it.
If you haven't seen the calender yet it is April 1st. And April first is also April Fool's day. I thought how could I get my neighbours good...at first I thought I'd tell them I was moving but I didn't think that'd work. So instead I came up with a different idea. I went to each of the neighbours homes and with the straightest face possible explained to them that I spoke to the proprieter of our buildings. He had informed me that there were complaints againts me. He wouldn't say who or what. Cutie neighbour didn't fall for it. But the ladies, oh those lovely ladies certainly did and I'm sure they were near tears thinking I was accusing them of making complaints against me.
I'm so mean! Of course I let them know what day it was Fish of April (as they say in french). They got a good laugh.
I went to the mail finally yesterday and mailed off 4 swaps!!! HOORAYYYY
So these ladies should be on the lookout for Mr Mailman in about 10 days:
Krom Mama
Lucyellen
WaldeckDryGoods
Aurora

Here's a picture of my wonderful little computer-nerd-in-training.
This past Sunday I put him on PBSKids games then I went to wash dishes.
I came back 10 minutes later to check on him and he's watching Teletubbies on youtube.
How the??
I so need to get a blocking program that will only allow him to access the sites I approve.
With a new month and a new season (ha!) dawning on us I told myself it'd be a good time to change the routine a little.
This morning I woke up 20 minutes later because really I didn't need to be getting up at 7 am when Aaron's bus on shows up at 8.40-8.45 and it only takes 20 minutes to get him ready. All that other time before the bus came I was wasting on the computer.
So this morning after he was ready for the bus I took the time to tidy around the house. Then put Aaron on the bus then came in and opened the computer and only after I'd taken a shower did I get on to read emails, read blogs, pay bills and then had a lovely visit with a friend. As with change it will take time for me to get used to a differnt routine. I want to feel more productive during my day. If I eventually want to open an etsy shop (as someone asked me WHEN would I??) I think I need to learn to work with the computer/internet and not see it as entertainment all. day. long. I'm working on it.
If you haven't seen the calender yet it is April 1st. And April first is also April Fool's day. I thought how could I get my neighbours good...at first I thought I'd tell them I was moving but I didn't think that'd work. So instead I came up with a different idea. I went to each of the neighbours homes and with the straightest face possible explained to them that I spoke to the proprieter of our buildings. He had informed me that there were complaints againts me. He wouldn't say who or what. Cutie neighbour didn't fall for it. But the ladies, oh those lovely ladies certainly did and I'm sure they were near tears thinking I was accusing them of making complaints against me.
I'm so mean! Of course I let them know what day it was Fish of April (as they say in french). They got a good laugh.
I went to the mail finally yesterday and mailed off 4 swaps!!! HOORAYYYY
So these ladies should be on the lookout for Mr Mailman in about 10 days:
Krom Mama
Lucyellen
WaldeckDryGoods
Aurora
Here's a picture of my wonderful little computer-nerd-in-training.
This past Sunday I put him on PBSKids games then I went to wash dishes.
I came back 10 minutes later to check on him and he's watching Teletubbies on youtube.
How the??
I so need to get a blocking program that will only allow him to access the sites I approve.

5 comments:
wow, that is one smart kid. Aaron is going to keep you on your toes. Loved the picture.
Hello dear Laura:-)
I'm finally back to regular blogging but it will take me a while to catch up with everyone! So glad you let me know about your new blog:-) Thank you so much for your best wishes on my finding out that I will be a grandma...I can't tell you enough how absolutely thrilled I am!!
Love that picture of Aaron...I remember having to fight for the computer when my boys got old enough! lol xoxo
My kids like PBSkids. Noggin is another good site.
Ha! Well here's to a new season and better living.
BTW, you can set your privacy settings so he can only access sites with no (nudity, coarse language, sexual content) etc etc. Use your Control Panel/Network and Internet Connections/Internet Options/Security tab and change your settings. Let me know if you need help.
T
You are such a sweetie. Yes, I'm hooked on my reading my horoscope. Yes, we have the same one. I am thinking of a way to make money on the internet as well. We should be able to make something happen this month. My dad will always bother me no matter how old I get. It's hard to see him with my kids and him offer them advice when he wasn't there for me when I was their ages. It makes me want to scream! I might move and change my address before July! I'll let you know if I do! I laughed out loud about your prank on your neighbors. You crack me up! You got them good! I want more info. on the cute one!! Hugs!
Post a Comment