Monday, April 28, 2008

busy

It was a relaxing weekend as weekends tend to go. Wait I take that back...what part of the weekend was relaxing what with one kid on Friday night and another kid on Saturday night and Aaron too it was far from relaxing. So let me rephrase that. It was a busy weekend as weekends go. Friday night we took a stroll outside in our snazzy new RED stroller! (No photo yet, I'm waiting for a nice day and those seem few and far between lately.) We mosied on over to my brother's to show him our new snazzy RED stroller. I managed to carry Aaron up a big bunch of stairs piggy back style and missed the last step. No one was hurt I just went on my knee but we're both fine! I had help getting him down those steps, thankfully.


Aaron had never been here before and he just made himself at home and climbed on the couch and wanted to watch a movie. Silly boy. Of course he can only tolerate no more than 15 minutes of being somewhere he's not familiar with. My brother made barbeque chicken and I had to wait for him to finish so I could at least have a piece. Aaron was very upset. He'd lay on the couch and cry coat on, hat on, go outside. Poor thing! I'm of the mind that my boy won't tell me what to do and when. He's just gonna have to learn to tough it out. We left at 7 and came home with a little friend for the night. Saturday the little friend went back with his mama and then later that afternoon my niece came to join me.

Sunday after everyone went home Aaron and I tried to recouperate from the revolving door of kids and putting the house into rights. He proceeded to have a meltdown from overtiredness while I gave up on tidying the house.
I snapped this wonderful photo of the last of the snow in my front yard. The shovel was placed there by our little friend Saturday. He was helping me break it up so it'd melt faster. The yard totally needs a raking and in a month from now things will be beautifully green. I hope.


To imagine that 2 weeks ago I was so deep in despair and didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel is beyond me. I feel so much more alive and I'm just learning to just live and to just be. Someone (thank you someone!) pointed me to a wonderful website about a happyness project. I've yet to fully look it over but I do subscribe to the feed. One thing I noticed that was cool were the personal 12 commandments. I'd like to share mine:
1. Love Laura
2. Learn to let go
3. Find joy in all that I do
4. Create what I like using whatever medium drives me
5. Live frugally
6. Laugh and make others laugh
7. Love and respect Mother Earth
8. Be still for ten minutes a day praying, meditating or contemplating
9. Be the best parent (aunt) I can be
10. Find a reason to smile everyday
11. Learn to live in the moment
12. Be happy


Today's happy moment was while watching Aaron play video games on his DS and he says to me Cool. There are so many moments when he's just so silly and says silly things like this that I really should start writing them down.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

laura capello said...

that's a really great list. i too need to let go way more often.

(and i totally want to see your RED stroller!)

Sarah said...

I'm really glad the stroller is RED! Cant wait to see it.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm going to borrow your list too!
You have come so far since we met! I'm so glad that we met along our journeys. Thanks for the comments! Thanks for the emails! I wish I had a "YOU MAKE MY DAY AWARD" Cause I'd give it to you because you do! Hugs and love, Laura

Blog Archive

Contributors