Wednesday, June 11, 2008

swappy love

First swap: 6 inch quilt square swap over at flickr.
My partner made me a sweet little bowtie quiltlet.

Second swap with Susan and Chickenfoot
She sent some pieced hexagons that I can use to add to something.
A cookie recipe
A cool stampy thingy you can't see.


Also my favorite magazine that I can never find here
and some pink 6'' charms that will be used for a
quilt similar to the pink trees quilt I made last year.



Ever so thoughtful she is, she sent a few goodies for my ever lovin' tape boy.
A cute little stuffed bear that he expects to sing music.
A plastic Target card that ligthts up when you push on it which I'm sure he'll expect will play music as well,
and some sweet rub on stickers.


Thank you so much ladies very much!!
These swaps really help me to save my sanity.
~~~~~~

One of my goals has been to teach Aaron to eat but at our own pace. With summer approaching and lots of time to ourselves I can devote more time to this task. Last week at WM I found a great little tool in the baby aisle. Even though he's going to be 9 I still browse the baby aisle for things that could be helpful for us. I found finger tooth and gum massager for babies. Fantastic I said to myself I can use this to work with Aaron and desensitizing inside his mouth.
He has sensory issues when it comes to food and his mouth.
Our goal is to overcome these issues that he can learn to bite and chew and then eventually enjoy food.
I'm most proud at his progress compared to last year. He would not even allow anything to touch his tongue!
I didn't realize that I had a great tool at home for learning with Aaron. I can film with my camera and it has voice too! So I set it up last night in his room and we did a little "therapy". The video is here.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

It was so great to hear your voice. You are so great with him. Don't EVER doubt it! Please! You are just so darling! Both of you! Tell Aaron that I'm so proud of him for trying the yogurt! I'm crying tears of joy for you both. This is a wonderful milestone for both of you! Big hugs and love, T P.S. I love your hair! I think it looks great!

Beth said...

What a beautiful boy you have. It made me teary watching you interact with eachother. You do a wonderful job with him. You have been given a great gift in that little boy. Good luck to you for the summer time.

smileymamaT said...

I watched the video. Fantastic! I love to see that he is initiating - he's taking the feeding tool (spoon? Desensitizer? hard to see what it was)anyway,
-he's taking it in his right hand to eat with...
-he is wiping his face with a tissue (or his shirt, but kids always do that) as he feels he needs to,
-and he is pulling your hand toward him and leaning in for bites. Awesome. Keep it up! Summer's here and he's ready! GO MAMA! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it.
I'd say one thing only that if you're telling him "one more time" then maybe stop after that with lots of praise, as he'll end the sessions with a really good feeling. (instead of going for another "last one" after that) But I know you know what you're doing, I know you've spent enormous time preparing for this!!
So happy for you!!! The video is a great idea. Does he watch it?

Blog Archive

Contributors