Saturday, December 20, 2008

5 more sleeps!!

So Thursday afternoon and evening I had a big baking frenzy in here.
I made 24 of these starshaped cupcakes. 20 went to school with Aaron for his class party.
I ate one because it fell on the floor. I believe in the 3 second rule.
Hurry up, pick it up and eat it.
I had 3 left over to share two doors down.


Speaking sharing. I made 4 recipes and devided them up on different plates.
Top left: 5 neighbours. Top right: Bus Drivers.
Bottom left: Aaron's teacher and his assistants. Bottom Right: Lady who works 2 houses down.
And they were to keep their plates too.


Aaron came home from school yesterday and we delivered our presents. They were a big hit with everyone.
I really adore my neighbours. I searched high and low in Aaron's back pack for his class party present. I could not find one.
I was a bit put off. I was asked to send a gift and he didn't get one. Or so I thought. While tidying up this morning I noticed he had a Christmas gift bag between the wheelchair seat back and his back pack. OHHH... I open it up to find these funny socks.
Aaron would not wear them and they were kinda big so mama put them on and wore them for the day.
I am in love with them! They will be coming out year after year to be worn by me.
Speaking of socks I treated Aaron to some a new pair the other day. They are navy blue with presents on them and the threads sparkle.
Aaron is in love with them and calls them his sparkly socks. He's too cute!


I was visited today by an elf of unknown origin and name. You see...I was playing wii with Aaron. Came into the kitchen and noticed a bag on the floor by the door. I said huh? What's this? A bag FULL of baking supplies with a hand written note (in French) attached
For you and for sharing, Merry Christmas. No name or anything. Oh my goodness I felt so weird at first. I always feel weird when people do something nice. Like what did I ever do to deserve such kindness? I was so touched. It bothered me that I didn't know who it was that I couldn't personally thank them. However I have my suspicions and they will be thanked with a nice plate of baked goodies this week.
In the bag there was big bag of quaker quick oats, a dozen eggs, big bag of brown sugar, bag of white sugar, 2 cans of evaporated milk, big container of baking powder, a jar of marachino cherries, 2 bags of chocolate chips, and a box of pitted dates and the reusable shopping bag. There was so much in there that I had to share some with my friend! I just bought most of this on Monday! My cupboard still has some left over from Thursdays baking spree. I guess I'll have to have another baking spree sometime this week and share some more! How fun! Wednesday night I decided that if I was going to do the baking on Thursday I wanted a nice apron to wear. I succeeded in making one. I'll photograph it tomorrow in the daylight to share. It's really pretty.


For those following along...I'm still working on Aaron's propeller quilt.
I'm down to the second last step: Hand sewing the binding to the back.
I will be done for Christmas! I am so excited for Christmas this year!
I have no idea why but I'm just thrilled and so happy this month compared to many many years of depressed moods.
I've changed perspectives with the gentle guidance of so many wonderful friends, online and offline.
People who have helped me see that there is wonderfulness inside me and I'm worthy of all that the wonderful world has to offer me.
I see Christmas through Aaron's eyes this year and although he hasn't a clue what it's all about I'm still enjoying this December.
I haven't gone all out with presents either. I didn't stress out about it. I haven't made last minute purchases just to appease that gotta have person inside me. I didn't even get what I really wanted to get for Aaron. I decided to keep this Christmas simple. Yes we'll have lots of presents under the tree but it's still simple in the aspect that I didn't go all out buying willy nilly. I carefully thought out each purchase for him. So many years I've bought things for him only to have to give it away because it drove me nuts. Only one thing uses batteries this year and it's a pillow that lights up. I'm can't wait until Christmas I'm beside myself with excitement!
Have a good Sunday, Monday, Tuesday!!
Take care of each other, stay warm,
stay indoors if you live Eastern North America as there's a big storm coming.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura its so nice to hear your so upbeat!!
Smiling is good and baking is good for the soul!!
Good combination!
Cute socks!!
Diane

Junior said...

all those goodies look soooo yummy.
Love the socks.

Tine said...

I love the socks :) And the goodie-bag!

Catch said...

I am so happy you are enjoying the holidays through the eyes of a child, thats the way I am too.....I always get sooo excited! The cookies look delicious, how kind of your neighbor!!! And I love those socks!!
I am trying to stay warm, its cold out there and that old wind is howling! brrrrr....have a wonderful Christmas Laura and give Aaron a hug for me!!!

Biscuit said...

You're an awesome person, and the people in your life know it. How wonderful!

I'm coveting those socks!

smileymamaT said...

Ha! That Bob photo was FUNNY!!!!! What do toys do when we are not looking?!?
I liked your post, and your socks. :) My word verification is Skarbi. It sounds like a Barbie who is hanging with the wrong crowd. heh hehe.
love ya
-moi

PeppyPilotGirl said...

How wonderful re: the bag of baking goodies!! I got a surprise package from someone recently - isn't it a marvelous, wonderful, wholeheartedly amazing feeling?

It sounds like you have a good, healthy approach to Christmas this year and I wish you and Aaron a wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with marvelous, wonderful, wholeheartedly amazing things.

Kari said...

I was gonn ahead to be but I am happy I decided to come by tonight. After I read your comment I thought Oh I'll go visit her tomorrow morning and we can have coffee together. BUT I couldn't wait so here I am. Smiling ear from ear. It's so nice to hear you all happy. I can now go to sleep happy and knowing your as excited as I am for Christmas. I love Christmas. Hope you have the best one ever friend. Give Aaron big hugs from me and High fives from his friend Tristan!

Kari said...

LOL I just re read. Something went wrong. It is supposed to say "I was gonna head to bed"

Blog Archive

Contributors