I'm just a bit frazzled this week. It gets to me every year this time that I get overwhelmed with life and demands and everying. It's a good thing I have my hobbies to keep me occupied or I'd totally lose my mind. Here's a sneak peek of a swap I just mailed off today "Quilt in a bag". Someone mailed me stuff to make them something and I sent it back. I really liked this very much and am excited to see it go to it's new home! Hope it brings you great joy Tinyhouse as I enjoyed making it for you very much!! I realized that I do like purple after all. Speaking of purple I acquired a bunch today since there was a fabric sale going on at my favorite shop. I'm thinking of my mama's quilt. But I can't start it until I finish another one first. Darn! I'm actually tired of sewing crookedly! I want straight lines, it's so much faster and less work. We'll see. Progress photos sometime this week. Once I get over my frazzled nerves!I'm suffering from too much stuff-itus! ACK! Anyway...

I never did get around to showing the matching pillowcase to Aaron's quilt. He loves anything I make him. While cleaning and rearranging furniture yesterday I found a stash of flannel I had. In between my frazzledness of yesterday I took a few moments to make him a Spongebob pillowcase. He loved it! Picture to come another day.He has a habit of putting his face in pillows to smell them. Weird child. But then I do the same to everything.
Reason number 22 for frazzled nerves this week: I went to a meeting of all his interventionists and there was one that was obviously po'ed with me because I made the executive decision to not use pecs in the home. I know this upsets this interventionist very much. I have enough to do with his daily care than to pull cards out of my butt to speak with him! Seriously though he's learning language everyday. I taught him the word to his little boy part this weekend, because I wanted him to be able to tell me if it hurt. He's retaining the new language he's aquiring all the time. I'm just chosing my battles carefully. I don't need a card to tell me how to speak with my child, thank you. It doesn't make me a bad mother. At least he is using pecs at school. Fine, I'm okay with that. It works for them. I'm doing what works for us! /end rant

2 comments:
LauraJ, I have been searching all over the internet for you!!!! Do you remember me? Wendy from Houston,TX? If you still have my email addy please contact me. I don't want to post my addy here. I mailed you a Christmas card but it seems you moved since we last spoke. Anyway...
Hugs to you and Aaron. WendyJ
Frazzled is not a good place to be :( I hope you feel better soon!
I am so sorry about the pecs situation. Why do they feel it is so important how you communicate with Aaron? The important thing should be, that you do! Argh...not really a fight you need :(
I am hoping to go to the PO tomorrow!! Whenever I get frazzled nerves (which is more often than I like to admit) I usually try to fight it off by creating. Sewing and baking are my main helpers when it comes to keeping my head above water :)
Post a Comment