**edited to fix the photos**
I was asked last fall to recover some old pillows. I did take a before picture but for some reason it's vanished from my memory card and the computer. Hmmmm... Anyway.... I promised I'd do it as a Christmas present. Christmas came and went and I didn't have the wherewithall to attempt making something of this nature. Also I was busily working on THAT quilt.
So without further ado I present you with recovered pillows that I made this weekend while Aaron was away.

I started last week by cutting strips and strips and more strips of blue and green and aqua fabrics. It took me 3 days to cut so many piles of strips. As I was sewing I still didn't have enough strips and had to cut more. When I'm making patchwork I like variety! The more prints that I use the happier I am. Each pillow was backed with the blue striped flowers.
So without further ado I present you with recovered pillows that I made this weekend while Aaron was away.
I started last week by cutting strips and strips and more strips of blue and green and aqua fabrics. It took me 3 days to cut so many piles of strips. As I was sewing I still didn't have enough strips and had to cut more. When I'm making patchwork I like variety! The more prints that I use the happier I am. Each pillow was backed with the blue striped flowers.
The pillows in their new surroundings.
They were well recieved and they will be well loved for years to come.
It was my pleasure sewing something so pretty for such sweet ladies.
I'm most happiest that these only reside two doors down.
(psst what do you think of my new header?)
5 comments:
Your new header is adorable Laura!!
Diane
Oh those are so cheerful! I'll bet their owners love them.
love these pillows! they are a bright spot for sure!!
(i'm not sure what's up with blogger :( this is the second time i've had to enter my comment...i hope this works hahah)
It's no wonder the ladies were so pleased with the pillows, what a beautiful job you did covering them! You are so talented, I sure wish you lived near so that you could teach me how to quilt!!! Love your new header:-) xoxo
gorgeous love them!!
Post a Comment