
Aaron came home from school yesterday very groggy looking and hacking a weird cough.
I was all set yesterday to do SPF but I couldn't take the time to write up the post.
Something was up with that little guy and I wanted to keep an eye on him.
This morning he still wasn't feeling right and started having a fever.
I went ahead to my group meeting and his father watched him while I was gone for the day.
I just didn't feel right about Aaron and the way he was acting so as soon as I walked in the door I decided to take him into ER at 4 .
He was admitted finally at 11 pm with a nasty Urinary Tract Infection.
The good thing is it hasn't entered his blood stream and caused Sepsis.
Which did happen 3 years ago and scared the living crap out of me.
Reading a story like this one doesn't help to ease my fears.
At the moment I'm suffering major mommy guilt because he's there and I'm here.
I just can't stand to stay in a hospital overnight any more than I have to.
He's not a wee baby anymore and can be trusted to leave for a night.
I'll be back with him bright and early in the morning.
If blogging were a job I'd be calling in sick the rest of the week to take care of my baby boy.

14 comments:
I am so sorry Laura hug him for me.
Things like this happen
Diane
So sorry Aaron isn't feeling well.
Give him a big hug for us. We will keep him in our prayers.
I am so sorry that you are going through this.
It is so hard sometimes when you are not close to your little one. Wishing you both a nice day after the long night.
Fast recovery for Aaron! Hugs and strength for you!
hugs and prayers going up for him, its so scary when they are sick. Don't kick yourself your instincts were spot on Laura! good job! xoxo melzie
I'm wishing a speedy recovery. Hugs to you and A xxx
I'm so glad you caught the infection before it got out of hand. I hope Aaron has a quick recovery and can get out of the hospital soon.
Oh, Laura! You and Aaron are definitely in my prayers! I hope he has a very fast recovery and is feeling great in no time.
Big hugs for you both, dear.
Love you both!
Poor boy! Hope he's doing better... thinking of you both!!
I hate to hear Aaron is sick :((...thank goodness you trusted your instincts....hugs and prayers for both of you!
Aw, Laura. I hope you're boy's ok. I'll be thinking of you both. Please post an update for us when you get a chance. I look forward to hearing that he's improving greatly!
i am sending good thoughts to you, so that you can both come home as soon as possible. you are such a great mom
Hi Laura, Just checking in to see how Aaron is doing.
Post a Comment