Thursday, January 29, 2009

sunshine on a snow day



Some of my longer readers might remember Sock Baby from last year.
I didn't like her giant nappy and pulled it off some months ago.
Still she collected dust on a shelf for many months.
My intention for her was to include her in photos I took around town.
That didn't happen. Today while working on my Sunshine Quilt I decided Sock Baby needed a dress.
I quickly sewed up her a dress and she was included in today's little photoshoot of the quilt progress.
I forgot how much I love to make stuffies and little clothes for them.
I wish I had little girls to bestow upon them my love of handmade dolls and clothes.


Here's an update shot of my sunshine quilt.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

~Macarena~ said...

Does Aaron not like dolls?

P.S. I have a set of small blank Hello Kitty greeting cards. If you e-mail me a mailing address, I'll send them to you.

Browndirtcottage said...

*LOL*....this funny..my first laugh today......cute quilt too!

Junior said...

love the quilt

smileymamaT said...

The quilt and Sock Baby both make me feel happy! I was smiling when I was done looking at your post. :) OH by the way, I gotta call you soon because middle-child mentioned today that she no longer wants that certain game we were talking about! Oops! Oh well, in regards to your post, at least they all do love handmade things, for that I'm always grateful. And Aaron does too I think! Oh and my word for verification was "ducki", is that cute or what. Maybe you should sew a ducky for Sock Baby. :)

Carole Burant said...

Awwww Sock Baby looks really happy with her new dress:-) I'm so loving your sunshine quilt, the colours are fabulous!! Also love the quilt you showed on your previous post, you're REALLY make me wish I knew how to quilt. You do such beautiful work. xoxo

Beth said...

Too cute.

Sky said...

your quilts are amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable. I love the curl on her forehead! :)

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy weekend, LauraJ!

I love the sock baby and the quilt!

Maybe we can chat today? I have to work tomorrow!
Maybe Sunday? I sure hope so!

Hugs!!

Catch said...

I love the sock babies.....what would you charge for a sock family?????

susan said...

i remember sock baby, and i think her new dress is stylin'!!
your quilt is looking fabulous, i cant wait to see it finished

Blog Archive

Contributors