I bring to you the January quilt aptly named Sunshine. I picture myself bringing this out every January after the holidays are over and warming up under it during the long months of winter which brings less days of sun and lots of white.

The pattern came from the doll quilt swap that I made back in November. I loved it so much I wanted to do another.
I bit off more than I could chew considering that the size is much larger than that of a doll quilt

The pattern came from the doll quilt swap that I made back in November. I loved it so much I wanted to do another.
I bit off more than I could chew considering that the size is much larger than that of a doll quilt

With lots of guidance and determination I pledged to finish this for January. Someone got sick and this put me off schedual by a week.
After sending the boy off to Papa's house for the weekend I managed to piece the back, make the sandwhich and come up with a quilting plan. The quilting was quite difficult to tackle yet I soldiered on tirelessly hour after hour and by Monday afternoon it was done. You can't see the quilting due to crappy weather and no sun. I put the binding on Monday evening and sewed it down by machine Tuesday evening.

Threw it in the washer and dryer and placed it on my bed and slept under it last night. The weight of it is delicious!
What I'm most proud of is how I managed to set the blocks straightly on the back.

Part of me marvels at the fact that I can actually do this. I can create beauty in a matter of weeks with a sewing machine, pretty fabrics, scissors thread and the drive to just keep sewing, sewing, sewing. I'm so happy it's done and I can move on to the next project:
Purple passion.

10 comments:
Laura its spectacular !!
I love it!!!
Can't wait for purple passion!!!
Keep doing the quilts its your calling!
Diane
Hi Laura...
This is my first time here. What beautiful things you had created. I like your blog, I hope we can keep in touch along the Project Improv challenge.
Great quilt! It does bring a bit of sunshine into a cold time of the year! Great job!
Laura, it's GORGEOUS!! I love it. LOVE. IT. And it's so aptly named. What a bundle of Sunshine you've created for yourself. It's awesome!
So beautiful, Laura! I love it!
my goodness, your quilt is amazing!!! i LOVE IT! i have a question...did you piece the wonky blocks and then cut them into quarters or did you piece the log cabin blocks as half blocks to start with? (does that make any sense at all?)
laura j this is FABULOUS! i love it so much. and the back is great too. so inspiring!
forgive me lord, for i COVET. i love your quilt!
As I may have said a thousand times now, I love this quilt Laura! I'm going to try and make more usable quilts this year also. I need to do some stash reduction and what better way than to use it! Can't wait to see purple passion!
Love your quilt!
Lisa (flickr lmdesign7)
Post a Comment