Friday, February 6, 2009

Little Aaron update


(wednesday feb 4)
So Aaron went in the hospital last Saturday because I just didn't like how he was acting for a couple days.
He was tested for all kinds of things and it took several days to get results.
He had a UTI and was treated with some strong antibiotics intravenously.
Wednesday he was perking up and feeling much better but had a barking cough.
I was informed that he had tested positive for influenza.
Aha! So that explains why he was acting weirdly on Friday and Saturday.

With the help of our home support worker, who comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we took him to the pharmacy to fill his meds and then took him home. He slept in this morning until 9. Considering how little sleep he got in the hospital I let him sleep in.
He was fine all morning other than the coughing and he was able to go off to papa's house for the weekend.
I'm very happy things are back to normal. I just need to find my rhythm for the routine again.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope he stays well!!
Diane

Junior said...

So glad to hear he is home, sure hope he gets completely recovered very quickly.

~ Teresa ~ said...

I'm glad to hear that you both (?) are doing better....

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Poor little buddy. I am so sorry he was feeling so bad, but glad he's feeling better. We gotta keep these little guys healthy!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Chalk another point up for mother's intuition! You go, girl!! Glad he's feeling better.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear how sick Aaron was earlier this month; but glad he is feeling better!

I just read on your newest post about Aaron going to a respite home for March break - so you're actually giving yourself a break too - good for you! Although I'm sure it'll feel weird not to haeve Aaron with you!

Blog Archive

Contributors