Monday, March 2, 2009

colour week :: red:: (and a quilt

Grandma's sewing box inherited by me upon her passing 1996.
The story behind this sewing box: it was a gift to her in the 70's by my brothers when they were little.
Today it holds thread and other doodads.


Last Sunday I challenged myself to make a lap/throw quilt for Aaron for his trip tomorrow.
Mission accomplished! I finished Thursday actually. He's had a few days to love it.


The back which I carefully spelled out letters in fabric for his name, which he recognized!

I have to say there's a lot of lounging around by this kid during his March Break.
I'm so going to miss him while he's away!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Junior said...

I love Aaron's new quilt, you really make some fabulous quilts.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

It's real beautiful, Laura! You are really talented!!

Hugs and love, T

Anonymous said...

Red is such a happy color! I love this new quilt... you inspire me to give quilting a go before the baby is here! :) Aaron is a lucky boy!

Blog Archive

Contributors