Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Aaron went to his dad's Friday for an impromptu overnight stay. That was really nice to have a day to myself so I could finish up a few things around here. When Aaron came home he wasn't his usual self. He was lumpy and bumpy and a little grumpy. He had been coughing during the week and it seemed to have gotten a little worse. He asked to go to bed at 7 and I obliged him. At 11 it was awfully high and I changed him to thinner clothes, put a sheet on him and went to lay down for a couple hours. I kept an eye on him through out the night every 2-3 hours to check his fever. At 1.30 his fever went down slightly. He was restless and still coughing. At 4 when I went to check on him oh my holy hell what a fright that was. There was blood everywhere. His clothes, the wall, the bed, the floor. I mean everywhere. His face was the worse of it. Oh it was pitiful. You'd think he was in a bar room brawl! I kept my cool because this has happened before but not THIS bad. His cpap mask (similar to this one) was full. I felt so bad and overwhelmed. Where was I to begin? I undressed him, gave him a shower, changed his bedding, put him back to bed and was fine. This happens because of his cpap usage and it dries out the lining of his nasal passages, as he coughs it gives him a major nosebleed. We both settled down for a few hours rest/sleep. This morning at 8 he had no fever, which is good. If this were any other kid I'd be able to stay home, but he's not and I must take him in to ER to get checked out because there are things that I don't know could be brewing. I'm taking a couple hours to pause and relax and we'll go before lunch. I'm so crossing my fingers that he doesn't have to stay. But I'm going prepared. In the meantime you can look at the Purple Passion quilt all done and ready to be mailed, after it's washed.


The Easter Bunny is on hold for when he has more energy.
I'm kind of bummed about that but it's better to be well and enjoy something fun.
I'll update later.
Update 1:45pm~Aaron is okay, he has a UTI and with his antibiotics he should feel better in a day or so. For his nose I'll use a humifier. I hope we don't have any more bloody noses.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Oh my, LJ! I hope he's feeling better soon and that a happy Easter is in store for you as the antibiotics kick in!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

How scary for you. I hope he's feeling 100% soon.
The quilt is beyond words. It takes my breath away too!

Hugs and love.
T

Melzie said...

You are always so on top of things with him you are such a good momma :) Hugs and prayers to you both. xoxo mel

Sarah said...

Wow all that blood would have freaked me out. You have nerves of steel. I am glad to hear that it's nothing too scary and I hope y'all both feel better really soon.

Sarah

kia (good enough mama) said...

Wow. The bloodbath sounds scary! I'm glad he's ok, though. :)

Aurora said...

OH, my dear. How brave and beautiful you are!

That quilt is amazing. You are so very very talented. Angels are all around you!

Sending you love and light.

Kat

Blog Archive

Contributors