Please come in, let me fix you a hot dog on my indoor grill.
So I made lunch today for my little god daughter who came to spend the night with Aaron and I.
She was well recieved and needed for comic relief. Aaron and I had a couple of very stressful days Friday and Saturday. With both of us annoying the crap out of each other. Aaron and I were both litterally falling apart by the time my friend called and asked if my god daughter could come over. I said SURE!

In between our (A and me) fits of whining and wailing and oh woe is us, how did we ever get stuck with each other pity parties I was able to sew. I made this cute little place mat for who knows what but I just had to do something constructive or I was going to lose my mind!
So I made lunch today for my little god daughter who came to spend the night with Aaron and I.
She was well recieved and needed for comic relief. Aaron and I had a couple of very stressful days Friday and Saturday. With both of us annoying the crap out of each other. Aaron and I were both litterally falling apart by the time my friend called and asked if my god daughter could come over. I said SURE!
In between our (A and me) fits of whining and wailing and oh woe is us, how did we ever get stuck with each other pity parties I was able to sew. I made this cute little place mat for who knows what but I just had to do something constructive or I was going to lose my mind!
When the tales of whining and wailing continued Saturday I made a tote bag for the mother of a lady who works here. (She helps me run errands and tidy my house when school is in session. She has little kids and likes to take the summers off. She's very muched missed already!) I made her a bag for Mother's day with the same fabric and her mother loved it so I made her one to surprise her. (And to keep my sanity too!)
On my white board in the living room there is a little corner that says Weekend Plans and I write what I want to do for the weekend. It was left blank because Aaron was here and I don't usually accomplish that much when he is. Upon passing by the white board in the living room this was written on it:
1. Have (name of god daughter) over
2. Drink Pepsi or Root Beer
3. eat chips
4. play games
5. Watch movie
6. Dance
7. Sleep!!!
I didn't write this, she did and I found it so cute!
We did play games. I had seen this game a few weeks ago at the local grocery store for 21.99, it was half price from 43.99. I just didn't have the $22 for it at the time. I so wanted it to play with all the sweet little girls that come through my door every now and then. (Nieces and daughters of my very good friend.) I back a week later and it was 7.91 plus take off another 25%! I paid barely 6 dollars for this game. I LOVE me a good bargain!
To top it all off actually a really fun game!
So the little girl came over yesterday and we did what was on that list and I forgot all about the whining and wailing and what was even more was that Aaron forgot all about the whining and wailing too. I haven't heard a peep out of him today other than joy and happiness bubbling forth from his cute little self.
I do wish everyday this summer could be like today with no meltdowns and tantrums. But I do have to be realistic. Tomorrow starts the real summer vacation. I have sat down with a friend and came up with a rough plan for how to keep Aaron entertained and occupied and still working on skills throughout the summer.
I'm sort of looking forward to the fun we're going to have.
Tuesday we meet Aaron's "summer worker". Which is really an aide that will take him out 15 hours a week.
I also signed Aaron up for two kids art classes at the library for this week.
I'll keep you updated on our progress.

3 comments:
I think most mothers cringe when summer vacation starts! lol I remember thinking I would never survive the summer with both boys home but as usual we do survive:-) Sounds like you have planned some fun stuff for Aaron to do so hopefully it all goes well.
I wish I could be sitting there with you to have one of them hot dogs..yummmm!
I just love that little pink placemat you made, it's gorgeous!! The tote bag is also adorable! I wish I had your talent, I can barely hem pants! lol
Big hugs to both you and Aaron. xoxo
I think I am in the same boat when it comes to summer struggles. There is so much craziness going on here and by the end of the day I am exhausted and out of patience hahahah.
I love the little placemat! So cute!
(and, thank goodness for your god daughter!!!)
How's it going?
Post a Comment