With a week of Summer Vacation passed us here's how we spent it:
Trying to walk everyday up the driveway to the back yard grass and then back to the house.
At school everyday in his journal it was written that he loved his walker. Interesting to note that he is so unmotivated to do it here at home.

We built a hammock together.
He laid on it.
Then he fell off.

We played in water together.
Trying to walk everyday up the driveway to the back yard grass and then back to the house.
At school everyday in his journal it was written that he loved his walker. Interesting to note that he is so unmotivated to do it here at home.
We built a hammock together.
He laid on it.
Then he fell off.
We played in water together.
I'm really trying to make it through one day at a time. There are days that I feel like I'm walking on eggshells and it's the most awful feeling as a parent. I love this kid. I adore this kid and yet he tries my patience to no end. He has meltdowns umpteen times a day. It's frustrating and exhausting. For both of us. I feel bad as a parent that I don't know why he's so upset more often than not. I'm sure he's spoiled and just being a pissant. I've ordered yet more books to help guide me through this. I don't know how to be a mom and that is hurting me most.
Aaron's visit with papa this weekend was cut short because papa had plumbing issues in his appartment. I gave him a hair cut on Saturday after following the advice of a wise woman. She pointed out to me that perhaps Aaron was over heated and the hair bothered him. I think she was right because he does seem a bit happier since then.
We're getting through the summer with:
lots of meltdowns on both our parts
lots of music on Aaron's part
lots of sewing on my part

2 comments:
You sound like an absolute dream of a mum!! Of course you can't get it all right all the time....Aaron must adore you even though sometimes it might not feel that way at all!
Just keep it up chick!!!!!
Yeah, don't you wish they came with instructions? Honestly, it seems to me that you are a GREAT mama! There is no perfection in being a parent, and there are good days and bad days for EVERYBODY, so please don't ever think you are doing a bad job because of the trying times. Ha, if I rated myself based on the tantrums and meltdowns (both on my kids' part and mine, haha), I wouldn't be scoring too well, but that's not what it's all about. :)
Post a Comment