I decided to make me a placemat to celebrate my birthday today.
I really went wild with the free motion quilting and I'm so pleased with the results.
I'm broadening my horizons in quilting and learning that hey I can do this!
I had all kinds of profound things to say but I can't think of anything this morning.
I understand now why my own mom would lock herself in her bedroom all day and cry her birthday away.
She missed the life she used to have. She longed for more.
If Aaron wasn't here today I'd probably be doing the same thing she did so many years ago.
I miss my mom very much.
I have not seen her on my birthday (or hers) since I was 20 years old.
Upon opening my email and twitter accounts this morning I was greeted with all these wishes for a Happy Birthday and yet all I wanted to do is weep, and I did.

9 comments:
hugs laura! we love you! excellent quilting btw!
Happy happy birthday, Laura!! What a beautiful quilt... hugs!
Oh please don't cry anymore! We all love you and your fun blog and wish you the happiest of all birthdays! I love the placemat -- I am very impressed with your "writing". I don't think I could do that at all.
Wait till you hit 40....:) Happy day and spoil yourself some!
happy birthday
hope it is the best.
julie
I hope you find or make happiness and peace.
I have wept on my birthday for the last 4 or 5 years so i think i undertand.
I have stopped in here a bit late but i hope you had a wonderful wonderful birthday!!!
Sending you some virtual hugs!!
Love the placemat.
B.x.
Big belated birthday hugs to you! I know I wished you a Happy Birthday on Facebook but I didn't get a chance to visit your blog that day. I think a lot of us cry on our birthdays, lord knows I've done so as well. I love the birthday placemat you made for yourself, it's gorgeous and so much fun!! I wish I had your talent:-) xoxo
I'm sorry I'm so far behind on blogging...still want to wish you a belated happy birthday! Sorry it started out rough; but it sounds like it ended pretty well!
Post a Comment