Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!!


Yes, along with paper and plastic I recycle photos on my blog.
Unfortunately I was hit with a doozey of a migraine earlier in the day but I was able to muster
energy to meet a flickr friend (and her parents) today who were passing through my town.
We swapped packages and I showed her around the house and my CLEAN sewing room!
As soon as they left I had to lay down because was so nauseous and icky feeling.
I am prone to ocular migraines from time to time and it is rare that they hit me even harder than usual.
By 4 o'clock I was able to resume my normal life among the living after dozing on the couch most of the afternoon and eating some soup. And most importantly I sewed today. When all else fails in the day if I can sew I'm a happy girl. I had invited two little girls over, although they aren't so little anymore being teenagers and all, but they are still little to me. What fun we had together in the midst of my cleaning frenzy. Most of the day was spent chore chore play play chore chore play play. I asked them several times if they were happy to be here since I was cleaning so much due to my impending visitors. The girls were fine and exclaim we love coming here!
They can't wait to come back! I can't wait to have them back. We are limited in what we can do when Aaron is around. That makes me sad sometimes because I feel torn to spend equal time with all of them. Aaron loves having visitors because it seems he has less meltdowns. Hooray! Perhaps I should adopt a child for a summer??
Any offers??

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry your day did not work out how you expected but look on the bright side you now have a very clean house. If i lived closer I am sure my 15yr old daughter would love to come and spend time with Aaron. We have had quite a bit of interaction with special children and I have always found that other children perk them up ans they do seem happier

Melzie said...

GIRL Migraines are THE WORST I am so sorry for you. I can volunteer a kid or 3 or even a hubby for the summer LOL. No I miss them by bedtime, maybe just for a day ;) xoox melzie

Carole Burant said...

Happy Canada Day, dear Laura:-) Oh dear, what a shame you ended up having a migraine, I really sympathize with you having those!! I get them once in a while and they're horrible. Except for the auction, I didn't do much else all day because a lot of the events had to be cancelled due to pouring rain. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Laura have you visited this site http://www.polyxo.com/ It's been a very helpful resource for me in my classes.

kia (good enough mama) said...

You can have mine. Kid, that is. For the summer. He LOVES to scrub toilets...

Brioni Greenberg said...

Oh poor you!!! Migraines are the worst.
I remember as a child visitors being the most exciting thing ever.
Happy belated Canada Day!!

shanna said...

Sounds like you have been busy.

Blog Archive

Contributors