Tuesday, August 4, 2009

festival weekend

Last week was our local festival. I recieved a week long pass as a lovely gift for my birthday from a nurse in one of Aaron's programs he's in. This weekend I used that pass a few times.
Here is Aaron with the festival mascot.
It's a beaver in case you're wondering.

Festival food:
a ploye and teriyaki on a stick.
I have this every year.
Here's a funny story: My mom made ployes when I was a kid and I hated them very much. They tasted like rubber to me and didn't eat them a lot. Only when I ate one about 5 years ago at the festival did I actually like them. My mom made them with nothing on them. Apparently you can put brown sugar on them and they taste so good!


Me and my boy just hanging out in the shade.



My boy chilling in the kiddie pool after an afternoon at the festival.
Don't tell him but he was actually taking a bath. I put dollar store baby soap in the water. My nephew was over for the afternoon and I had a little friend over as well and we all four of us hung out in the pool for an hour.
It was bliss!
(ps he's not picking his nose in the picture. At least I don't think he is!)


At the beginning of summer I set up the pool and his "worker" watched him play in it. This was during the first week after school let out. Aaron was having a rough week that week and when his worker washed his hair Aaron had a complete meltdown because he got water in his ear. (Little did I know Aaron had two ear infections that week. No wonder he was so grumpy at the beginning of summer!) After that Aaron avoided that pool like the plague. Everytime I asked him to go in he refused and shouted NO!
Last Thursday it was so hot. So hot that just breathing made you sweat! So I stuffed him in the pool much to his chagrin. What do you know he loved it!
And he went on Friday, Saturday and Sunday too!

So as summers go, it hasn't been the worst and it hasn't been the best but we're getting through one day at a time.
In 6 days Aaron is going to his dad's for a week. I can't wait to have my little break!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Junior said...

Aaron is so cute, wow he is growing. Looks like you guys had a great time at the festival

Brioni Greenberg said...

Looks like you both had a great weekend and having a bath in a pool outside seounds way more fun than indoors. Maybe i should get one set up!

Sue said...

It sounds like you had a great time at the festival! Aaron is adorable in the pictures and looks so happy and loved. You deserve that break next week and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Valerie said...

Am I the only one who doesn't know what ployes are? No ployes that I know of down here in good ol' Oklahoma...

Michelle said...

It looks like a fun time at the festival!

smileymamaT said...

Has your break started yet? ;)
I can't believe your mom gave you guys PLAIN ployes. Well OK maybe I can. We like them with creton. Great pics... Aaron looks only semi-thrilled to be next to the plaid-wearing beaver mascot, lol....

Blog Archive

Contributors