(Please ignore what appears to be a fountain spray shooting up my butt. It's not.
I only noticed after I saw the picture.)
Two years ago when I first moved here I was within walking distance to one of my brother's appartments. One night I took his girls for a sleep over to my house. We walked home around 11 at night and we passed by the town center water fountain. The conditions were just perfect for jumping in. I looked at the girls and asked them who's first? We all went in. I remember going in with long pants on. So what! It was a hot August night. They enjoyed themselves immensely.Even at my age I did too!
Last year I was on a walk with not only the nieces but also my friends 3 daughters. We were walking to a store to buy sponges for a water fight. It was broad daylight and a very hot July day. We passed by the fountain and I said who's going in first? We all went in! What fun we had! This time I was smart to wear shorts. We weren't able to dry off on the way home because the sky decided to open up and give us a downpour.
Last Saturday I was asked to take the nieces and their brother for the night. My brother was taking his girlfriend on a date. I said okay. Here's the deal. Bring us to the town center. What are you going to do there? We're going Fountain Dancing. You'll get arrested. No we won't. We've done it before as police drove by and saw us getting wet and being silly. Okay. So off we went to the fountain and danced we did. I was very happy this year because I just happened to have my camera on me and was able to snap a few pictures of the kids and they took one of me for proof that I dance in fountains at midnight.
Yesterday the sky opened up and poured a "cats and dogs" kinda rain. With it being so hot I decided to go and stand in it for 30 seconds. I was wet head to toe, but clean and refreshed!
I love water!
What is summer without water fun?

5 comments:
summer just wouldn't be the same without water fun... even at our age! Thanks for the great post!
That sounds like so much fun! It's been so hot here that L. demanded that we go swimming yesterday at the city pool & it was so fantastic!!!
I love this post! And I love that picture! You are one cool gal...
At the zoo we went to this past weekend they had a splash pad and I was in there before Steve could blink! lol I love being in water and still run through the sprinkler! hehe Looks like you were having fun in the fountain...I think we'd be arrested here for doing that! lol xoxo
Oh I am SO jealous - that looks like amazing fun!!
Post a Comment