Friday, May 14, 2010

20::52 Fridays

20::52~ Retail store
This week's challenge was taking a photo in a retail store. I cheated and posted a photo that I took back in January. I took about 20 or more photos. It's tough trying to be inconspicuous in a store with shoppers nearby. Thankfully it was a slow Friday.
In other Friday news I'd like to try a {this moment} segment which includes a moment in Aaron's life during that week. You can read more of the particulars of where this started here.
Mine won't be wordless and will be more of a {these moments} type of thing where I'll post a few photos. On with it:
This moment
cute claspy hands
I love the clasping hands in this one. and if you look in the upper right corner you can see on my computer screen the next photo I was proofing before I got down to take a few more photos.
all done
Aaron is on day two of staying home as a sickling. However he's not acting very sick. Other than a cough which sounds much better than last week he's doing remarkably well for someone who has pneumonia! I took him in Wednesday to get checked out because I didn't want to look like a bad mom who kept sending her kid to school with a bad cough. He had no other symptoms and he wanted to go to school. After school Wednesday I read in his journal that he had coughed quite a bit that day at school and decided to get to the bottom of the coughing. He also had a torticollis which had started on the weekend.
He's doing fine and enjoying his time off from school although I heard him chanting last night Aaron's going to school, Aaron's going to school. Umm no not for a few more days kiddo. He has a schedualed pediatrician appointment Monday for a yearly check-up. So Tuesday I will be changing Aaron's going to school... Aaron's going to school.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I am praying for Aaron's pneumonia. Don't like to hear that cough myself. Have had pneu and it isn't fun. I am so glad he enjoys school so much. That is awesome! I'm not sure about the photo taking in the store? Is this a challenge to yourself to do something outside the box? LOL I never shop at stores but seem to wear all donated clothes people give me. I HATE shopping. I guess I could try taking a photo in a grocery store! :)

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Super cute photo of you - I always hate pics of myself - I think everyone does!

smileymamaT said...

Glad that he's feeling better, it seems. Wow nice pic! Magic mirror, comes with a cute chick already in it! :)

Sarah said...

Pneumonia was always a scary word in our house. but Aaron seems to be doing great! these pics of him are so adorable. I will be looking forward to hearing more about your boy on Fridays.

Anonymous said...

When my boy was 1 he had a lingering cough. I thought it was nothing and didn't intend on taking him to the docs. It turned out to be pneumonia that lingered for 8 weeks and he kept getting other infections at the same time. I felt terrible but like Aaron, he wasn't upset or complaining he just had a cough. He has had pneumonia twice since then but has been clear for 3 years (**touch wood**). I hope all goes well with the Paed appointment on Monday and he is back at school fit and well on Tuesday.

Oh and you look great in the photo!

Blog Archive

Contributors