I won't go into too much detail about the quilt until the big reveal when it's all said and done. In the meantime here are a couple pictures I took the last couple days of in progress shots:
Sorry for the very blurry picture. It's hard to take good pictures without a flash. I was too lazy to use the tripod. I had laid out all the blocks on the kitchen floor in the arrangement I liked. This is before I sewed up the quilt top. The red fabric on the right is the backing and the blue swirlies on the right will be the binding. I love red and blue.
An in progress shot of some new quilting I'm trying out. I was tired of making swirlies and wanted a quick quilting pattern that would keep the houses unquilted so as not to obsure the prints in them. Part of the design. You'll see why later.
Back to it! I might have to put a hold on it to make one of these.
I've mentioned before how this lady is my quilting idol right?
Have a wonderful Saturday.
I'm about to bathe Aaron and put him to bed so I can go sew, sew, sew.
Because that's what I do on Saturday nights.
2 comments:
Hi Laura...I like the wavey stitching! It is appropiate to this pattern, and doesn't distract as the swirly might have. You are amazing at the volume of quilts you are able to make in a short period of time! What size do you like to make? Twin, double, queen, ect? I seem to make a large double or queen size. I have made lots of baby quilts but not recently. I like wall hangings but don't have the wall space. Oooops, I'm rambling. I blogged today...all I really got done! :)
Oooh that is looking really cute!
Post a Comment