Friday, June 18, 2010

25::52 Fridays

By the time my readers see this Friday will be no longer. I'm really under the wire this time with 2 minutes to spare.

25::52 Fridays ~Favourite shoes
This weeks theme was favourite shoes. I bought these shoes in the big city last summer. Aaron got new school shoes and mama got new shoes too. I bought them because they were fun and different. It's funny that "different" thing. I like being different and having different things but then I worry too much that these things stand out. Who at 36 years old wears shoes with sparkley stars on them? I don't want to grow up! Who's going to make me??
Oh and in case you're wondering that is my foot up by my face. Yes I'm hyperflexible.
Aaron's photo was something I tried to whip up quickly while waiting for Papa. These Fridays just keep rolling on by and the 2 weeks are always here before I know it! He's now taken up to giving me the actual DATE when papa is coming! He started last Sunday counting down the date: "14, 15, 16, 17 then 18 I go to Papa's house". This kid is too much!!
While waiting I love to say the the vehicle and it's colour. I would say green truck, blue jeep. Aaron replied NO! (Insert colour of car that Papa drives) car. HA! Aaron knows what colour car his papa drives!
A Friday Moment
I really like this picture for many reasons. I'm in love with picnic's easy editing tools. My favourte being the cross processing which yellowfies the photo and makes it look like a vintage photo. Awesome! Aaron's catching some bubbles I was blowing. In the background you can see the cute little charcoal grill I bought myself this week. I made a barbecue supper for some neighbour ladies this evening. My very first all cooked by me barbecue food. I was so proud. Although I should admit I did not start the barbecue though. I had Aaron's dad show me how. I'm terrified to do it myself and blow up my porch or my ponytail.
So Aaron went off with Papa and I made supper and then I had to figure out what to do with the rest of my Friday. As much as I love the neighbour ladies I didn't think they'd want me to hang out the rest of the evening over there. They see me enough during the week as it is. *grin*
I decided to go to the movies. I went to see Robin Hood with Russell Crow. Can I say AWESOME?? OOH Yeah!! I LOVED it!! Go see it if you love history stuff. So much emotion in this movie. Although I was hoping for an RC bum shot. Much to my dissappointment there wasn't one. However there was a brief glimpse of a nakie King John posterior.
Ohh yeah!!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Haha, the bum comments made me laugh. And girl, you must be crazy flexible. You won't see me taking any pics with my foot by my face! :) Love the shoes though, and you are NEVER too old for fun shoes of any kind!

the mommy said...

Hi! I've been reading through your blog & I just love your sense of humor and honesty!

I also have to tell you that I had to read the following line twice:

"I went to see Robin Hood with Russell Crow."

For a minute there, I thought you went to the movies WITH Russell Crow!

Ha!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Love the shoes, your never too old for fun anything!
BBQ is great in the summer time !
I haven't seen that movie yet but I will.
Have a great weekend Laura
Diane

carol said...

I just LOVE it when you sound this happy!!! I am smiling!!!!

Tracy said...

GREAT pix of you Laura! Aaron is making soooo much progress lately! Congrats I know its from your efforts!

Blog Archive

Contributors