Friday, July 23, 2010

30::52 Fridays ~ Album Cover Inspiration

On my journey through life sometime around 11 years old I discovered some music that I became very attached to. I wanted every album they ever made. I recieved a few as gifts over the years and just loved them. Last year I introduced Aaron to one of my favourite of the albums they ever produced. He was hooked from day one! Another fan of this band is born!

Fast forward to this week and the theme for 52 Fridays is Album covers. I knew right away which one I wanted to do. I had to study the cover for some time before I could execute it. Then I had to think of an area that would work for me in town. When I drove to the post office I saw just the place I needed! Hooray!!

Wednesday Aaron and I walked over there. This being my first real public photo shoot I had to psyche myself up to do this. I ignore everyone around us as I set up the tripod in front of the town fire station. I set the camera to self timer and gave us 30 seconds to run across the street and put ourselves in position. After running back and forth 3 times I called it a day and packed it all in hoping I had a great photo to work with. I wasn't dissappointed when I found this photo, our very last one we'd taken.

30::52 Fridays ~Theme: Album cover inspiration

I have to say of all the photos I've done so far this year this has to be my favourite. This very photo speaks volumes about not only just an album cover inspiration but how far Aaron and I have come together. Never before today could I have allowed myself to be in front of his chair and not hanging in in some way. This photo epitomizes our summer and shows me how far Aaron has developed in just one year.

Here are a couple of outtakes that I enjoy because they tell part of the story leading up to the great photo:
Outtake 1
Here I'm making sure he was following me. We were beside a high traffic area and it was a little nerve wracking to not be next to him the whole time.

Outtake 2
Here I'm telling him he needs to follow me and not to go in the road because it's very dangerous.

This is one photo that I will be making a copy of and putting on our wall.

6 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I am so glad your having a good summer !
Diane

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! Priceless.

Valerie said...

I can't believe you pulled that off all by yourself! So impressive! What a cool picture, definitely frame-worthy. And it totally looks like it was inspired by that very cool album cover...:)

Sarah said...

YOu think of the best things to do!

:o) mg said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog... you are amazing... and regarding your birthday post, we are always harder on ourselves than other people are on us, dont you think?
Looking forward to adding your blog to my favorites. <3

Michelle said...

I love the story you're telling with these pictures - especially the first one and how it came out!

Blog Archive

Contributors