I've spent a lot of time thinking about sewing and projects and such but really what I most wanted to do this week was relax and take it easy. Sewing is my escape from mommying.
As with every year I like to treat myself to something special for my birthday, something I would have my eye on but never got around to getting. This year I purchased a backyard swing. Of course I bought the swing with the boy in mind. He loves to swing and has outgrown the special swings at the park, much to his heartbreak. His broken heart was quickly mended when he saw the big swing that his papa and his cousin put together for his mama one fine Sunday back in early July.
I grabbed a few minutes last night and asked my dear goddaughter to take my photo for me just before we jetsetted off to the movies.
I really like my swing.
Thank you for the birthday wishes and the great comments on last weeks Friday photo.
I'm off to enjoy my last evening of freedom. When the boy comes home the transition back to life with mommy is always hard for him.
3 comments:
Sounds like a great vacation! I'm waiting for mine to come home in a day or two. I miss being mommy, even though the rest was very much needed.
I can't lie, it's a little hard for me to jump back into real life after a break from my kiddos.
I am glad you made yourself go and do fun stuff.
I always have mental block when my kids are out of the house and I usually end up just doing nothing... which in itself isn't half bad I suppose.
Sounds like you had a peaceful week.Love the new swing good for you!!
Diane
Post a Comment