Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stash Sunday

It's been a while since I've done one of these so here we go:

Generosity in scraps
First up two lovely scrap bags from dear bloggists out there in blogland. The pile on the left comes from Dana . The pile on the right I won a blog give away from the blog LilOliveBranch. Both bags nearly exploded out of their packages when I recieved them. My dream is to make a quilt as beautiful as this one. Thank you very much ladies to help me achieve that dream!

Fabric purchase #3
I've joined the precut fabric bandwagon. I have no idea what I'll be doing with these beauties but I'm sure it will involve some type of quilting project.
They are from left to right:
Layer Cake~City Weekend by Oliver + S for Moda
Layer Cake~Punctuation by American Jane for Moda
Charm Squares~Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda

Fabric purchases #1 & #2
Starting on the far left the Amy Butler dots are from Pink Panda Fabrics
Everything else (MM ta dots and birds and owls) from Fabric hound which had a great sale in June of half off of everything in the e-store! How awesome is that?? Rarely do I get to buy wonderful fabrics at such discount prices besides going to Marden's, which has been a little difficult this summer. But It's not like absolutely NEED more fabric you know. Just don't look at this photo.

Squeee!!
I added these to my stash back in June. I can't help myself, I am a sucker for cute Japanese fabrics. I ordered these from Delta Patchwork.

order #2 has arrived
These also were ordered in June through Equilter. I was looking for unique fabrics for a special quilt I was making. (Which I will blog about soon.)

I found fabric with writing on it!
I found these wonderful fabrics with writing on them from Marden's back in early July. I love fabric with writing on it. These happen to be Disney from Pinochio and Peter pan. The little girl with poodle is from another line. I just thought it was so cute! Pieces did make into the special quilt I was making in July.

Secret Project
This pile is for a secret project I'm working on this month. The charm squares came from a lovely lady I'll blog about later and I bought the yardage to match the charm squares. Christmas in August anyone??

I think I'm up to date with my summer fabric *hoarded* purchases. Although I did share some in different projects throughout the summer. I don't belong on that show Hoarders but if you see me inching towards being buried alive by my fabric stash would you mind staging an intervention?

I'm looking forward to school starting soon if only for the sewing productivity to pick up around here.

I'm off to buy batting have a wonderful week!!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Whew, girl, I'm flat out jealous of that stash! What a great eye for fabrics you have. :) And that swing looks heavenly, especially since it's probably not 100+ degrees at your place this week like it is at ours. Yipes.

Toni said...

How does this work? You share your newly acquire stash monthly or weekly?? Lovely additions for sure!

Sarah said...

Ooooh what fun! I love seeing new fabrics even though they are not mine. Those Michael Miller ta dots are really great- guess I had better track some down!

Sarah

Sherry said...

I'm on the precut bandwagon along with you. :) Great fabrics you've added to your stash.

Samantha said...

yum yum yum!

Tine said...

Oh the envy! I love your fabrics! Those bird prints are gorgeous!! And the Christmas prints too...and...and...
Hmm. What is your secret July project I wonder?! I guess I'll just have to wait and see :)
Christmas in August?! Sounds like a wonderful idea...I want to join, but who knows, I may just not make anything. Time just seems to slip away from me...

Blog Archive

Contributors