Friday, October 15, 2010

41::52 Fridays


42::52 Fridays, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

It's fun to take these Friday photos in one of the rooms I spend the most time in other than my bedroom for sleeping or the living room.
This gives me a visual of my stash. I've taken a couple other photos here and it doesn't seem like this stash is dwindling very quickly. Quite the opposite I might say, it seems to be doubling! Not sure if I'm complaining or not. It is fun to sew for other people and more often than not I like to buy fabrics to suit their colour tastes. Sometimes I buy more than I need so I have to jam it in the fabric cupboard. The piles are spilling over onto themselves. In so many ways sometimes I'm glad I don't have a significant other to complain about the amount of fabric I have. I don't mind living on Ramen noodles. Maybe with my next quilt orders I won't have to buy much fabric and then I could eat a roast chicken or something. I'm joking of course. I do eat normal food, when I feel like cooking.

Yesterday I've cut fabrics for a new quilt I'm working on for a nice lady.

1200(ish) 4 inch squares

Colour Palette of squares

I think there are roughly 1200 4 inch squares here. I had to go to the store today to buy some ibuprofen because my right shoulder was quite sore last night and this morning from all that cutting!

5 comments:

l said...

That's a lot of cutting!!

Tine said...

WOW! Those are a lot of squares! I am looking forward to following this quilt ;)

Melody said...

You have a great stash, and what a lot of cutting. Thanks for sharing.

Kat said...

You are so beautiful.... and so is the stash : )

Love!!!

Valerie said...

You are BONKERS! 1200 squares?!!!! That's amazing! Can't wait to see the finished project! Is it a postage stamp quilt or something like that?

Blog Archive

Contributors