But please don't look at the mess. Friday I declared it sew for me weekend! I decided to take a project I had started last spring and work on it. It's getting chillier outside and come December I like to put 2 quilts on my bed.
The original plan was for this quilt to be a picnic quilt but since I am enjoying making bed sized quilts lately I thought I'd make it to fit my bed by adding extra borders to the top and bottom. Thankfully I had some leftover fabrics for that. I also extended the backing to fit the length of the top. Saturday I made the quilt sandwhich and started a little quilting on it. Sunday I did some more quilting and realized that the quilting was getting a little mundane. I installed a second sewing machine on the big fold out table and started piecing for another queen sized commission quilt. You can see my first block on the edge of the table.
I made another block this morning and while I was standing up by the ironing board I decided to do a little more quilting. I need to get the quilt done because I will eventually need the basting pins for the queen size quilt.
I'm actually enjoying working on two projects at the same time. Progress, albeit slow, is being made on each quilt and someday they'll both be done and warming the people they're intended for!
I really love this space I have for sewing. It's chaos but controlled chaos. I know where most of everything is and my stash has grown by leaps and bounds. I'm off to the store today to find some green for binding one quilt and reds to add to the other quilt. And uhh no I don't have the specific colour green or red that I'm wanting. I'm an artist, an artist needs her tools! My tools happen to be fabric.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Come into my sewing room
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Enjoy your shopping trip......I hope you find the perfect palette!
Oh man, I am big-time jealous of your sewing space. So colorful and inspiring, and so much fun fabric to play with! I need to get crackin' and carve out a new space in our new house to get creative...
Post a Comment