Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 1


Kaleidoscope quilt progress, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

I hope no one minds that I post here my 100 hr Sewing Challenge progress everyday.
Today I managed 3 .5 hours. I got sidetracked this morning after an hour by a wonderful friend. She friendnapped me and took me for a cappucino and we looked around the dollar store.
Upon my return home and after a quick lunch I headed right back to the sewing room and got another couple hours in and then while Aaron was busy afterschool I got a half hour.
In this time I managed to make a quilt block for someone and sew up the quarter pieces to make full blocks of the Kaleidascope quilt you see in the picture up there.
Tomorrow I'm going full steam ahead and hoping to get the quilt top finished by days end.
Wednesday I've a quilt along to start up, although there are a few headstarters in the group. More on that Wednesday.

Sometimes he smiles :)
I caught Aaron in a happy mood after school. He saw me fiddling with the Ipod touch and wanted to check it out. He doesn't know that it's a gift for him. I've been loading it with age appropriate educational apps for him for when school lets out. I've been having fun learning how to use it. And yes there are a few apps for mama on it too, but we won't tell him he'll have to share.

3 comments:

Everyday Quilter said...

Love this quilt! I love scrap quilts and am always looking for new ideas! What is the pattern and where did you find it? I'm lovin your blog and worry about when you don't post for awhile at a time but I'm glad to see you're hard at work sewing and being a mom!

smileymamaT said...

Friendnapped. Ha. Can't prove it. ;) It's awesome that you're getting so much sewing done - once my stupid machine gets fixed, I only hope I can be so motivated!!! Nice pic of Aaron!<3

Samantha said...

That quilt is stunning- love your colors!

Blog Archive

Contributors