Monday, June 6, 2011

The Farmer's Wife

The Farmer's Wife

I don't have an actual farm, nor am I a real wife but this weekend I certainly felt like a farmer. I spent the weekend helping a friend plant her garden. It was quite the life experience. I arrived home Sunday afternoon sunburnt, bug bitten, achey and feeling more alive than I've felt in some time. There's something special about putting your hands and feet into the earth. I felt very blessed to be able to participate in something so important as helping to put life nourishing food on the table (in a few months) for a family. I've always been enchanted how a little seeds can grow into something that we can eat.

The little puppy I'm holding is my friend's newest family member as of Friday. I am the honorary godmother to Lucky the Bichon-Maltese. He's the cutest little thing.

The photo is very fitting since over the weekend I joined the flickr group The Farmer's Wife quilt along. I have had the book since Christmas and now I will be more motivated to use it, if I'm not too busy playing with the puppy or working in someone's garden.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 1 100 hour sewing challenge yielded 15.5 hours of sewing related tasks throughout the week. I'm hoping to put more tome in than that this week.

Today I spent 4 and a half hours working on a quilt top. It's a commission quilt that I really want to finish so I can focus on making blocks for the quilt alongs.

3 comments:

Everyday Quilter said...

I started a Farmer's Wife Quilt along (actually it was a block of the month) but I'm about 4 months behind! I might just have to make a wall hanging out of the blocks I have done. We used paper pieceing and I got so frustrated I just kinda gave up!

Lisa said...

Look at you out there, such a natural!

carol said...

You look so happy in that picture, it makes my heart sing!! I'm so glad you had such a good time. It'll be fun to watch it grow with your friend, and hopefully, you'll be able to share in the bounty.

Blog Archive

Contributors