Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's time for school!


waiting for the bus, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

My darling wanted nothing to do with school. I've been giving him hints here and there for a month that he was going back to school. His reply was "Bye bye school. See you after school." Ha! Too funny. Where the see you after school part probable comes from me last school year. He has a tendancy to say things by rote.

This morning was met with "bye bye school see you another day" from him upon me entering his room. Sorry kiddo the bus is coming and you gotta go to school. He wasn't happy but there weren't any tears involved while getting ready. (Except in the bathroom where it takes 15 minutes to brush his teeth. That's a story for another day.)

first day of school

After several times of him asking me to sit on the couch and me saying no darling you must go to school we went outside to wait for the bus. I managed to get a smile out of him.

time to catch the bus

I set him off to catch the bus by himself.

getting on the bus

But I had to run after him so he wouldn't crash into the bus. He's still learning to how to get to the bus without my help. One of my ultimate goals for him is to let him go to the bus by himself while I wait on the porch. We're not there yet as he tends to need verbal cues of when to go slow, since my driveway is on an incline the chair goes by itself if he doesn't put his hands on the wheels. I have managed to step back a couple feet and he doesn't need me to push his chair anymore.

getting on the bus

So there he goes up the ramp and off to school. He's not very impressed but I sure am at how well the first morning went.

7 comments:

carol said...

I'm sure he'll get back into the swing of things in no time and then maybe even love it this year. Yes????

Samantha said...

happy first day of school! Hope it went well for him...

Tif said...

yay! i hope his first day will go well! i'm here at home twiddling my thumbs hoping my kiddos do ok lol. ahhh, the adjustment, right?

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Happy First Day Of School for both of you !!
He will get into the swing of it in a few days and so will you...(enjoy)
Diane

Valerie said...

Yay for school! Hopefully he has already adjusted back into the routine, and hopefully you're getting some nice quiet Mama time! :)

Everyday Quilter said...

Love the pics! It's great that he's "getting around on his own" now! That must be exciting for him! Hope you have a great school year. My kids have been in school for almost a month now but I still have one at home and we're STILL working on getting a routine down. Happy fall to you!

Sarah said...

Wow- he gets to the bus by himself! Are you thrilled and terrified at the same time?

Blog Archive

Contributors